Sound component for a live radio station

@actech Yeah the solution works, I tried on iPhone using the Thunkable preview app and I have sound only with headphones which is weird then I tried on iPad and it works pretty well so I’m guessing is an internal issue on the iPhone and not something general or relevant? any thoughts about it?

1 Like

I have used Android 9 so far and everything works perfectly. I’ll try to see how things are going on my iPhone

1 Like

@eoinparkinson I’ll try that out, thanks

@eoinparkinson @actech @kizzy Yes, my issue on iPhone was the silent mode I had is to switch it off.

So by now I have the video component inside a column and I have the column hidden and then by the Block editor I programmed an interface with play - stop buttons which is good enough for our main goal but I was wondering could it be possible to display the play time of each song? I didn’t find any block in the block editor to do this?

Do you need to know this time in advance or get it after playing the song? If you need this data before playback, you will need to find out the playlist and the duration of the songs in it.

i would have to see a smaple of someone else player because it not working out for me .

Yes, I mean to display the time of the song on real time, for instance 2:04 and the second 2:05 and the next second 2:06 and so on… you know some music players comes with this feature

@kizzy Happy, to help just share your block of code is actually a very simple block of code, and were you able to hide the player? just share here your codes

1 Like

This component does not run in the background. I don’t know how you achieved it and I think we will all be happy if you share your project with us.

1 Like

@Balanced_Kitchen @kizzy @actech @eoinparkinson I’m afraid, I think we are talking of different things when I said background I mean the video component is not visible at all while the app is open and I control it with a custom user interface. On the other hand, I understand and let me know if I’m wrong, but Thunkable apps can not run on the background (when the application is “minimized”) is this correct? or is it possible to run it while is minimized?

Just to be clear I haven’t been able to achieve it, meanwhile the app is minimized

1 Like

i mean when screen is off or minimized audio stops

@kizzy Yes when the app is minimized stops playing until is maximized again but I’m not sure if this is going to happen with the real application, I mean this might be due to using the Thunkable preview app? I’m not sure if this change once you install the application and run it without the Thunkable preview app, can anyone confirm on this?

i have downloaded the apk

For this reason, I made a switch in the demo project: Web (with work in the background) or native mode

1 Like

@actech @eoinparkinson as I understand you guys have made the radio stream app with a web view.

I created one due to the reason that the video component doesn’t continue playing once the Thunkable preview app is minimized and because I love Thunkable and I hope to be able to get this done with the platform…, the web view component continues playing on the background once the Thunkable app is minimized, but 1 - 2 minutes after is minimized the music stops playing, is this just because I’m using the Thunkable preview app? I mean basically web view doesn’t continue playing the music once the app is minimized…

Any suggestions?

i told you from the start it wont work i have 2 radio in the play store that i cant update from here , my best option was using webview and hide it it worked ok but stops after about mins i have downloaded and try on ios

In my example there is one tricky block )) So I listen to the radio until my Android phone’s battery runs out.

изображение

1 Like

i have tried that i think might work with webview audio

@actech I used that block, still no luck on iPhone… all the description that I wrote before this message was already using that block set keep screen awake …

Have you tried playing video files in a video component? If so, does the same situation occur there, or does the video file not stop playing if the screen is not minimized?

Why am I asking this? Because something strange is happening on my iOS and I can’t listen to the radio at all right now.