[Solved] The best way to insert many gifs

Hi. I have many (1000+) gifs and would like to put them in the app, what’s the best way to do it?

1 Like

In my point of view, the approach depends: if you want to storage locally or load from the cloud?

If you want to store in the cloud use Cloudinary that have a native support, but if the speed matters, you will need to include in the App File Section.

Or you can mix the 2 approaches (load from cloud the 1st time you access the app, and save locally to have a faster access later).

Anyway you must consider the local storage space can be a problem with thousand of images…

2 Likes

For this many images, you’ll definitely want to consider hosting them in the cloud somewhere. As @paulovaz72 mentioned, Cloudinary is one of those options.

2 Likes

In my opinion, if the app does not require the user to load images and all images are known in advance then I will upload them all into Firebase Storage and then use the URL of Firebase to access the images. Fast and convenient.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.