[Solved] Search AirTable Spreadsheet to find empty cell/s

Hi, so I’ve been trying for 2 days now to do this.

I have a table in AirTable Spreadsheet. I want to go through all the cells of the first row of the table.
I want to find the first cell that is empty.

This how one of my many attempts looks like.

I tried to use labels instead of the STOP variable, but no, it did not work.
How do I do this?
Thanks.

instead of this
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 3.20.09 PM

can you try one of these below. dont forget to include setting ‘app stop’ to 1

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 3.19.18 PM

or
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 3.19.45 PM

1 Like

Thank you! It’s still a small adjustment, it doesn’t change much. Unfortunately, the program still doesn’t work.

So you are searching each cell of your table for an empty spot?

What do you want to do when you find that spot?

When I find the cell, I want to edit that cell (I want to add text to it);
I can still go through the other cells, but I do not want to edit any of them.

For example, if cell 1 contains text, cell 2 contains text as well, but cells 3 and 4 do not contain any text, I want to edit cell 3 such that it contains text. Cell 4 should remain unchanged.

I’ve got an idea for this. I’ll get back to you later on this

1 Like

I don’t have your airtable set-up and am preparing for an exam so I couldn’t fully test this.

can you try this out?

2 Likes

Still not working. This code detects the first cell of each row as being empty even if it’s not.

I wonder if this was removed, any difference

Remove the else condition

Then if no luck, switch out the text empty block with a logic block and check does the object =null

1 Like

Sorry, I think it was my fault - I did not copy your code correctly (probably). Your code works perfectly. Thank you!

1 Like

I think the issue lies with the fact that the variable row count, there’s no reset every time the button is clicked. Essentially The set cell block is trying to find a Row that won’t exist after the first run through. What you would want to do is add a set row count to zero block every time you press the button before you do any of the other actions following button click

1 Like

@hi1 Hey! I’m glad this code worked out for you! Awesome work implementing it yourself!

{i renamed this post slightly for search optimization}

2 Likes