[SOLVED] My initial screen's blocks won't execute on my mobile device(s)

Hi all! I’ve been working on a project with a Technovation Challenge team for a few months now. Experienced a brand new issue (for me) today. My project runs fine in Preview and Live Test as a Response Web App. However, on my two Apple mobile devices (iPhone, iPad), the code on the initial screen’s block won’t execute. I’ve placed a bunch of “got this far” label statements in there and the label immediately after opening the screen doesn’t appear. I have tried using apple’s Settings / General / iPhone Storage deletion method for Thunkable Live, which supposedly wipes the app’s data from the device, but no luck.

I then created a temp new screen ahead of my former initial screen, and I can get past the new screen that to my former original screen where I’m again stuck when running on a mobile device. I suspected that the four stored variables might be problematic on my mobile devices, so I deleted the stored variables and recreated them within my new initial screen (which ended up being a horrible idea). Not sure how to get past this issue and would appreciate a fresh view point!

Thank you in advance if you can lend a hand.

There’s definitely something corrupted in that project. I recommend reaching out to Thunkable Support for help with this.

On the SplashScreen screen, simplifying the code to a single block still doesn’t do anything on that screen. The word “Label” appears instead of “TESTING”.

Thank you for your assistance!

I am also having this issue. I went to go edit my app today and without changing anything, suddenly it is stuck at the initial state. Any info on how to contact support would be great as a google search did not suffice.

If you have a Pro plan or better, you can message the support staff directly from inside a project. If you don’t, then you are limited to community support which means these forums.

See this plan comparison: Pricing

Hello @bhontz

Could you please share the specific project URL with us so we can investigate it further?

You could copy it from the top of your browser.

This way we could find the best solution for you.

The issue has actually been found. So basically the function blocks are causing this to occur. They are trying to fix the issue now. Removing the functions solves this issue

1 Like

Thank you for your follow up.

1 Like

Hello @patanellaxq6lk
Thank you for sharing more information
@bhontz
I would like to let you know that we have now officially released a fix for this bug.

Our engineering team has recommended moving any block to the screen (like an event block) so that the code will recompile and work correctly.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback for us.

Appreciate the amazingly quick support on this issue, thank you Thunkable team!

1 Like