Code not appearing or working on the mobile testing app

I’m currently making an app on Thunkable and on my login page I have a couple buttons which would take you to different pages/log you into your account. Whenever I test the app on my desktop it works perfectly. But whenever I try and test it on the Thunkable Live app on my phone it shows that theres no code and none of the buttons work.
Is this a bug with the Thunkable Live app or is it an issue on my end?

Hello @bruh22886sr
I can understand that it is frustrating.

Currently, there is a bug that causes all components to stop functioning. It appears when the “set stored variable” and the “get object from JSON” blocks are connected. If this block combination exists somewhere on the screen. all other components and blocks to stop working.

There is a workaround. You can save the find on an app variable and then use it to set the stored variable.

We have flagged it to our engineering team and will provide an update as soon as possible.

Thank you, again, for your time and patience in this matter.

There is more than just stored var->json blocks causing the issue. I found this post because my app stopped working after the live test app update this week. I had 4 stored vars in blocks on the screen and changed them all to app vars but still have the screen loading in a dead state. An APK build has the bug too. So I am completely dead in the water due to thunkable releasing an update that didn’t have proper testing.

Hello @jonok84
I understand that is frustrating
We were able to replicate the issue and have flagged it to our engineering team. We’re committed to finding a resolution quickly, and we will keep you updated as soon as there is any progress.
Thank you again for alerting us to this issue and for your time and patience while we work to resolve it.

I also don’t have any get object from JSON blocks in my code and still have the issue.

Are you using any functions with an output in your project? We have found that this is causing a similar issuse.

Yeah I’m using a couple of those, I don’t know how I would find a work around though.

Thanks for the input, as I have some similar issues . Was working fine previously.
Most of the time problem sounds appears during some “navigate to”, process seems froozen at the beginning of the Starts / Opens . I m using as well such Function and Stored variables

@mdeb @bruh22886sr @jonok84 Thank you again for your patience. I would like to let you know that we have now officially released a fix for this bug.

Our engineering team has recommended moving any block to the screen (like an event block) so that the code will recompile and work correctly.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback for us.

Many thanks
I ll try

Removing step by step the various “tracing” elements I put in the “code” , I realized I have to make the recompile workaround recommandation in each of the screen used. In doing this, sounds the App is recovering .


Thank you so much, that patch seemed to fix the issue!

Thank you! That fixed it.