[Solved] Is TV Cast Possible?

hello does anyone here know if with thunkable x it is possible to create a tv cast app? and how to do it?

1 Like

In my opinion this can be done because there is the new component of the video. What kind do you want to do?

1 Like

I wanted the app to send a streaming URL to smart tv and watch the video on tv!

Hi,

I don’t think this is possible because Apps must usually include an SDK like Google Cast SDK to be able to stream to Cast ready devices! If you have an iPhone you might however be able to stream a fullscreen video to Apple TV but then you could also just use the stream via the browser.

Best, Chris

3 Likes

Yes, just to confirm that there is no ability to cast a Thunkable X app at the moment.

Curious to know how you’d use this feature though? Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes :grin::+1:

yes? :joy:

1 Like

Was it a question or a statement?

It was a question (though I think you might have asked about an extension for this in the past, no?)

I was wondering what your use-case for a “Cast” component would be? If it’s something we thing will impact a high-enough number of users then it’s something we can look at prioritising.

1 Like

would be to create an app to stream any video url to smart tv. in fact it would be an app for myself!

1 Like

You might want to check out the Play Store - there are several streaming apps that have cast capabilities for websites/streams - maybe there is something suitable for your needs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No! But in. Classic is possible?

It is also not possible in Thunkable Classic.

Best, Chris

this feature would be great for my app… I’m creating a scorekeeping app. and would like to cast the screen to a nearby TV so that players and the audience can see the scoring live… ads would also be viewed more often this way.