[Solved] iOS Version Code box disappeared

I can not update my iOS “Version Code” anymore. I only see “Version Number”.

Carlos

1 Like

Hi, @Carlos_Bieberach! :wave:

I was also wondering today about this - :thinking:

Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

Yeah! Devs?

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out. You don’t need to do this in the iOS publish process anymore. We do this for you in the background. Also, the build number / version code is not app user facing.

We did this because we saw a lot of people are facing this issue during the publish process.

Best,
Wei

2 Likes

Wellllllll… why didn’t you add a switch like the “Auto increment version” one then? Some of us actually do want to control the build numbering instead of having a random one generated. Is this something you can implement please? It really makes a lot of sense.

Thanks
K

Is this not possible with the remaining version number?

Ok. So when we are in front of the project plan, deciding which features we will implement in which version, we will just say b+1, b+2, b+3 etc. without knowing which build version number we really talk about. Not to mention that as it appears, the automatically generated build numbers don’t even seem to be incremental so… good luck trying to identify older/newer builds.

I don’t see what was wrong with the previous setup, I did not see anyone complaining in the forums while there are so many open issues on Git, are you sure you are burning cycles on the right issues?

Thanks
K

In the interests of giving you a little more context here iOS publishing actually has a whole separate chat/email/tech support.

Publishing issues are one of the most resource intensive problems we get from users, so this was actually rolled out to save us time going forward.

Thanks for sharing a little more about your own approach to managing development, let’s sync up via PM to discuss further.

Understood. It would be nice to communicate changes though instead of us having to wonder if what we see is a bug or a feature. Why not share a changelog with each new release? And I am not talking about the changelog you share regarding new features but also small changes as the one we are discussing about now. I am sure everyone would appreciate it.

Thanks again
K

2 Likes