[Solved] iOS 13 Golden Master CRASH

Hey guys,
New user here.

Just started to create an app on the x platform. Downloaded the thunkable app, it won’t run on iOS13 (v13.1.3). I am using an iphone 11.

I also closed out all my apps, restarted the phone and then tried it again, still won’t run.

Edited to include exact version.

2 Likes

Hi @thunkable.0fa60fzafo,

Check your PMs!

1 Like

Hi @domhnallohanlon, Any updates on when the live app will get an update? Still cant load the app

1 Like

Live App not working for me yet either…iPhone XR - iOS 13.1.3 @domhnallohanlon

1 Like

I’m new to this community and was getting ready to start building my first app but my iphone 10 xr iOS 13.1.3 crashes when tapping the thunkable icon. I’ve unistalled, reinstalled, rebooted my phone but the problem remains. I’ve read through this thread and I see something about a fix but I must be missing something. How can I even begin when I can’t get anything to work and how do we know this won’t happen again with future upgrades. I’m very excited about Thunkable but also befuddled how this could happen. Any timeline on a complete fix for iPhone? Seems to be okay on iPad.

1 Like

Hi there… it’s been more than a month since this problems was reported and I know I’m not a “golden” user, nevertheless I have a presentation next week to get founds for my project and it would be nice to know if there is an expected date for a new “live test” app for iOS or if I should look up for an alternative to develop my app.

Thank you

Ismael, please note that you ought to be able to “Download” the app to your phone even if you can’t live test it. We know that that makes it less convenient for testing your app than using the Live companion app but it should be sufficient at least for demo-ing your app to investors/funders.

-Mark

Hi, Im a Pro user and its been very annoying to work with Thunkable since iOS 13.The Live App is fundamental for me and my students. I understand that you may have difficulties, but one month is too long.
Please, next year make a better plan to be prepare for a next iOS.

3 Likes

I’m also on iOS 13.1.3 and iPhone XR and having the same issues

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon could you maybe share the fixed pre-release version here for the people having issues? Or if this is not possible could you send it to me by pm? It is really hard for me always testing on different devices than my main device and it takes too long to always build the app to check if my changes are properly working :confused: Any updates so far in general on when users can hope to see a fix?

Best. chris

Receiving Bluetooth data has stopped working on any phones that I have tested that have updated to 13. (13.1.3 and 13.2). Previously these same phones were receiving data just fine.

I’ve had a thread up here for 3 days but no response: Bluetooth 'Read Failed' Error, (iOS 13.1.3?)

The phones running 13 can scan, connect and transmit, but they can’t receive BLE data, which means the app is dead in the water for now.

Has anyone got a comment on this? It’s very frustrating.

iPad and iPhones running 13.1

My App Store app keeps getting rejected because of companion app not working please help me out

Yeah we’re all wating for an update :frowning:

@Mark is there any news on this issue yet? I am working on projects and I cannot live test them on my iPhone due to this issue :confused:

Best, Chris

Note that this message relates to the issue where you have a newer iPhone running iOS 13 (and up) and the Live companion app is immediately crashing.

We’ve been reaching out to folks that we know who’ve been affected by the issue and providing a pre-release version of the companion, while we wait for Apple to review it. If you haven’t heard from us let us know in this thread and we’ll get back to you.

-Mark

1 Like

I’m start using Thunkable in class and some of my students have iPhone X. The problem is than live test doesn’t work. I read a message about this issue and they talk about TestFlight. What is that? How can my students work with that?

Thank you.
Vero del Vivar

If students have installed on iPhone iOS 13, then I can recommend them to temporarily use the Android emulator to test applications on a computer. After a while Thunkable X will work steadily on iOS 13 and they will be able to test them on their devices.

Live test is not working also on older iOS versions: iOS 10, for example.

Unfortunately, my device with iOS 10.3 broken and I can not check Live on it.

A few more data points:

I’ve had the same issue with my “Technology and Entrepreneurship” high school students.

All the ones who claim to have either “IphoneX” or “IphoneXR” are experiencing problems after the latest iOS update (Thunkable live starts up and dies within a second).

Yesterday, and unbeknownst to me, school administration ran out and bought several “$1300 Ipads with pen” to lend the students with the failing IphoneXs and IphoneXRs (I unfortunately could not get the exact model though I heard “Pro” bandied about). These also crashed Thunkable Live at startup (that was a fun conversation).

All the Iphones 8 and 6+ are working with no problems.

All androids are experiencing no problems.

1 Like