[Solved] iOS 13 Golden Master CRASH

Iphone XS , IOS 13.1.2
Thunkable Live is not working/not opening/crashing.
Is it any solution?
Thanks

2 Likes

Hey @doctorsof :wave:

Many users have reported this crash on iOS 13’s version. :confused:

@Mark can update you on this regard.

Thanks! :blush:

For issues with iOS crashes in the Live companion app immediately upon starting the app, please see this topic for updates: iOS 13 Golden Master CRASH

-Mark

1 Like

This is crazy. I can’t believe that it’s still an issue. Development has effectively stopped on my app. I was considering buying a subscription but if the lack of support is this bad I don’t imagine I’ll be moving forward. I understand that I can install the app and do it that way but that’s not efficient at all when you want to check it every change. Is it not a huge issue for everyone else? Or am I one of the very few using iOS 13. I’m confused

2 Likes

Hi @swellbengb1i46, sorry to hear you are experiencing a slow-down in development velocity and in your overall time-to-publish.

On the one hand it’s nice to know that you enjoy using Thunkable Live but…

…on the other hand, without knowing more about your app it’s hard to recommend an alternative, however temporary.

The good news is that we’ve just shipped a workaround for this and I will contact you in the morning with a further update when it goes live for the public.

Apologies again for the inconvenience,

Thanks,
Domhnall

2 Likes

@domhnallohanlon Thank you so much for the reply. We’ll watch for it today. Have a great day!
Ben

today there is still no fix on the crash on startup :frowning: iOS 13.1.2 iPhone 11 Pro

I confirm that today this is a very acute problem. Users IOS13 report the completion of the application immediately after launch

@STX-121 Have you followed this advice?

Hi, Jane
Yes, I posted an update 2 days ago

That is incorrect Chris, we reached out via PM to affected users last Friday with an update.

Once we have feedback from this test group we will be either making further updates or publishing the update for all users.

Can I infer from your message that you are affected by this issue too??

My post refered to the Thunkable Companion App that is unfortunately still crashing and not working at all after iOS 13.X Updates :confuses:

That’s what I was talking about too.

As I mentioned, we are privately testing an update with users who have indicated to us that their companion app was crashing.

So far, initial reports are showing that the update seems to have fixed the crash. Once testing is completed we will be updating the Thunkable Live in the App Store.

obviously everybody with a newer iPhone Model like the 11 Pro is affected :thinking: however to get back to your question - yes I also have the problem that the companion just crashes on iPhone 11 Pro and iOS 13.1.2

Thanks for letting us know.

In my classroom I have 3 students with iPhones all running the latest iOS.

The student with an iPhone 5SE can live test.
The student with the iPhone XS Max and iPhone 7S Plus are experiencing the issues mentioned above.

2 Likes

Hi there. I’m new around here. Recently, whenever I try to open the Thunkable Live app, the screen would black out and afterwards, it would close the app. The only component I am using is a web viewer connected to a link for a website which I am still currently editing although it has been published. I have attempted to delete and reinstall the app multiple times, but it has never worked. I tried to remove the back up for the Thunkable Live app but it still doesn’t work. I hope I can receive a solution to this issue soon. Thanks

Nobel

Hi @nobelp1npk - welcome to the community!

I’ve moved your post here as this question has been asked already. Please check your PMs for a more detailed follow up.

Thanks.

I am new user.I have write something in screen1 but when its appear on iphone screen by live thunkable app.Its shown white screen.why?

Hi @prodip23 :wave:

Are you using iOS 13 by any chance?

2 Likes