[Solved] How do I open a "copy" link?

Hey all,
I can’t figure out why when i click any remix link from community i get this:

error copying shared project via link

Please help me,

1 Like

I have the same problem. It’s one that I know have happened a few times and usually you have to DM your project to staff. One of the ways I work around it, is to copy all my screens and then manually create the project again from the copied screens.

1 Like

I am not making copy of mine project. I want to remix someone’s project.

1 Like

I have also been having that problem, but have found no work around. Sorry for missing that in your original post. But yeah, I have come across that issue as well with remixing

1 Like

@tobi @huntermclarkn, which links are you trying to remix?

1 Like

Hey @domhnallohanlon,
This problem is going on from last week. Not a problem of one link, I have trying with many remix links including your cafe sample app, design challenge’s chat app and some from @darren’s toolkit. But nothing opens, else it shows some error!

Please help,

1 Like

Yes, we’re aware of this @tobi - we improved the way we manage our copy links to improve platform performance.

Copy links are now only really suitable for short-term sharing. For tutorials etc. a Project Page link should be used instead.

We’ve updated all the links on our YouTube channel already and are making our way through the docs at the moment. Once that’s done we can update the tutorials here etc.

If you let me know

I should be able to get you the Project page link instead.

1 Like

Hey @domhnallohanlon,
Thanks for you response!

Sure,
Here are the links -:
1.https://x.thunkable.com/copy/d204268d095a54ae0460172201cb1fb6 ( I need this urgently! )
2.🎨 WDC #4 Chat App UI (Weekend Design Challenge)

Please solve this quickly (You are already trying to)

Regards,

1 Like

Hey @tobi you have to look at the top of the screen when you find a remixed project.

1 Like

Please explain?

Well when you find your remixed project look in your search bar
and you’ll see the link.Is it something else?

1 Like

Done:
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5ea1744cb8de1849436151db

Here you go:
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5d0e6dbb36450a4e9c82fe83

@Thg, you seem to have 3 different copy links on your WDC#4 post, perhaps you can confirm whether or not they are all copies of the same project?

@choi_beomgyu - in this case the project wasn’t being copied at all, so searching wouldn’t turn up any results. Thanks for the suggestion though!

2 Likes

Okay, I updated the post with a single link,
the link above is working

Are some links reset after 60 days of inactivity ?!

1 Like

With the new system all links are reset after 60 days. The intent now is that copy links are for sharing a “snapshot” of your project directly with another person i.e by email or messenger. For places like the community, where you want to share your work with a wide audience and for an indefinite amount of time, the the project page link should be used.

2 Likes

Thanks for all of you for your response.

I got these links fixed, So I am making this topic solved :smile:

1 Like

I continue to get the “Error copying shared project via link” message on many different sample projects posted by Jane. What is the fix?