[Solved] How do I increment values in the Data Viewer List?

So I’ve been having a play around with the data list viewer.

I’ve got my title and my subtitle but I want my subtitle to go up by 1 everytime the user swipes left and presses the button.

I’ve designed it so that when the user enters their details into the viewer the subtitle automatically shows as 1 but as I said I want that number 1 to go up by 1 everytime the user swipes left and presses the button.

Its probably really easy to do but I’ve been trying to block it out for a couple of hours now and I’m struggling.

Any help would and I would greatful guys.

Thank you.

As of right now there’s no great way to refresh the data viewers. You just have to update the table information that you’re using and then either the user has to pull down to refresh or exit and restart the program.

Hi thanks for your reply.

I’m aware that the viewer doesn’t automatically refresh and I’ve used the work around that Darren used in his to do you tube video to combat that.

My problem is that I don’t know how to do the blocks to make my value rise by one. At the moment I get the user to type in a country and the number 1 appears in the subtitle. When they swipe left and press done I want that number to go from 1 to 2 and so on.

Assuming I’m understanding what you’re trying to do exactly, it would be something like this:

1 Like

I’ll give that try next time I get a chance to work on my app.

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll let you know if it works.

Thanks again.

Hi Guys.

I’m having some issues with the data viewer when I try and increment the number in the subtitle column of my screen.

I want the user to be able to enter the country they have visited through the text input; once the country is entered the number of visits automatically goes to 1 visit. When the user swipes left I want the number of visits to go up by 1.

The way that I have it blocked must be wrong as when I have multiple countries in my list the number goes up by one of the highest number in the list, rather than just adding one to the number in the row of the list. I’m not sure that makes sense, so here is an example:

Germany 3
USA 4
England 2

Now if I swipe left and try to add one visit to England it would jump to 5 instead of 3 because that is one number higher than the USA which has the highest number of the three countries; then after that if I tried to add a visit to Germany that would go to 6 instead of 4 and so on.

Here’s my blocks, I have 3 screens: the list screen, an add/edit screen and a refresh screen.

Any help appreciated.

Hey @beadle07 :wave:

The incrementing part was actually pretty straightforward. Here are the blocks you’ll need:

The issue I ran into was that the data doesn’t automatically update. In the absence of a refresh block (I think there are plans to add one in the future) there are two options.

1. If the app is just for personal use you can simply “pull to refresh”
  2. If this is for a general audience you can force a refresh by re-opening Screen1, something like this:
    thunkablecompanion

let me know whether or not that helps.

1 Like

Hi domhnall.

Thank you for your reply that’s a massive help and I’ll be sure to give it a try tonight. I’ve already implemented a refresh screen to combat that issue but I couldn’t for the life of me figure how to get the number of visits to implement correctly.

1 Like

No problem at all

How did you go about doing the screen refresh part of this?

I just put a block in to navigate to my refresh screen after I’ve swiped left and added a visit.

Then I blocked the refresh screen so when it starts it navigates me straight back to the list screen.

Grand - same approach as me then so.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that everything is working for you now.