[Solved] Firebase Getting Specific Parent Node/Key into List

Hi!

What I am trying to do: I have 4 keys (parents) that goes by LOCATION/USERID/DATE_INPUT/TIME_INPUT and I want to make a list viewer using the 3rd key (DATE_INPUT) only. Then when I click on the date, it will navigate me to the 4th key (TIME_INPUT).

I have followed @darren’s example on YouTube, I managed to get the DATE_INPUT into the list viewer but the TIME_INPUT shows up too :frowning: I found out that this was because the delimiter I set }, is similar for each DATE_INPUT items. However I can’t find an alternative to this because I rarely use ‘objects’…

I found another fellow Thunkable who had a similar idea to what I want to do but I don’t seem to find a solution on his/her post… (Post: Thunkable X Firebase Get Parent Nodes to the List).

Please tell me if I am missing somthing or some code blocks are wrong. Thank you!! :slight_smile:

I tried to use @darren method too, and my path is very similar to yours just a few days ago. But I found it is very complicated to use JSON text to do it. Therefore, I used lists to help me.
This is how it looks like

And this is how you get all date

2 Likes

However if you still want to use your own structure, just ignore the first image :wink:

Oh wow! Thank you so much.

This is slightly less complicated than completly using JSON. I tried a few times using your method, made some slight changes and it worked! Though in the end I got rid of the list because it was showing the count in the database but it still worked as planned using cloud variable. Now, it only shows the specific date. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Glad that I can help :blush:
I am @when-button1.clicked, btw :joy: