[Solved] Filter from airtable issues

Hi again, thanks for the response. I do initialise it as an empty list.

You’re supposed to use the = symbol with a slash in it I’m pretty sure

1 Like

Put the block to set the list viewer outside of the loop, for starters.

My blocks are right to get info from a table on airtable.

Then try to change the logic, if property … of object j doesn’t equal … continue to next iteration. No else. Below that bock, your query blocks
Like this

Tried and still no joy! also tried listviwer under the get all rows block.

Can you post a screenshot of your airtable with headers?

I would also make sure there is something in the app year variable. You could just put it onto a lane as the first thing that happens when you open the creek as a way to debug.

The process is right. If it’s not getting data there’s a bump in the blocks. First make sure the baseID and API key are correct. Then try and send data. Then try to get data from just 1 row. Then try all rows again.

You could try putting text into the filter instead of the variable.

Thanks for sticking with it.
If i take out the filter I can populate the app no problem.

can you verify that there are no spaces that should be somewhere, like after a word

Yes. Tried that also. Spent hours trying to trouble shot yesterday. Like I say it works minus the filter so I know the base ID and API key and table name are all OK its very odd. I have done this before with no problem. also tried this way

Thanks
It should not matter, but I have tried this too and no joy!

@domhnallohanlon any ideas?

Still not been able to solve this if anyone else has ideas or samples I can look at

can you share a post of the blocks you are trying currently? or a share link to your app?

i would try renaming columns

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/2ecf2402d004f0746076011d7eaaa485

is link to what i have now.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak_PdQ6HqP2Jm1UG6FNivTkEAV77
its purely test data here as i changed to a new table and recreated to see if i could see what i was missing

Hi @Tina_Fountain,

I checked your code and the data in OneDrive (excel). I think there might be a problem, when a row does not contain correct data:

• First: the column (in Excel) is called “Group”, but in thunkX the block uses “GroupNumber”
  • Second: you have three rows in “Homework”, but only two in column “GroupNumber”. When you ask the data for the third row with “get property GroupNumber of object”, it does not contain an element called “GroupNumber”. In this case, the loop will stop, and it might happen, that the result in “app task” does not contain anything. So please add a condition: “does list ‘get object properties of’ j contain GroupNumber” then “get property GroupNumber of object j” etc.
1 Like

@Michael_Rogulla, nice find!

The data need to be right!

1 Like

Thanks. I had change the column names between this post and when you have looked to try and see what I am missing so the code is now simple Group as in the sheet I also added more data as suggested and added a condition nothing has worked!

I feel like i am flogging a dead horse with this one.

Maybe this can help to see a basic filter.

I know it’s a pain but you’ve had this issue for more than a few days. Rebuild just that filter of our app in another sample app. See if you can price any data. Take the filter out. Then add it back in. If it doesn’t twirl then. Check your columns. Then check what you are filtering. Then once it’s working you can diagnose tour issue.

Thanks. I have made a test app and have so many different versions was thinking a clean slate. I will take a look at this and read through. I know its gotta be simple but think i have tried so many different things time to start from scratch that section of the build. I have much of what i have planned working already.

I will let you know how it goes

Tina

Hi @Tina_Fountain,

is the spreadsheet in OneDrive your actual data? In my last post, I suggested to complete every row. So when the column labeled “Homework” has three rows, then the column labeled “Group” must have also three rows of data. If not, you have to include a function which checks for errors.

If you like I could have a look at your project.

Thanks so much, both of you. It is working! I ended up deleting my airtable and starting again as it just would not show the data even when I copied the column names from airtable into your test app. New airtable first time worked perfect. I will take the time at some point soon to make a pdf handout to explain the code and upload it.

Thanks again

1 Like