[Solved] Display subtitle name or changing font size data list viewer

Hey team,

Was looking around Thunkable x and haven’t found a solution.

Is there a way to increase font size of data list viewer ? This is in regards to updating live data in Google sheets.

The click les refresh pulls the current data into the data list viewer.

I did a reference match to a specific row number and updated the list. Just want the text bigger.

Or I’ve tried to set a label to a specific data list viewer rows subtitle.

It returns nothing.

Is that broke?

Thanks y’all

Our Data Viewer List and Data Viewer Grid templates weren’t designed for much customization–they were intended to be a quick and easy out of the box solution for displaying information from a data source.

If you are wanting to update the layout of a Data Viewer List or Grid, the best suggestion is to use a Custom Data Viewer:

1 Like

Thanks Matt!!

How about the issue with displaying the subtitle of a certain data list view item within an open label?

It comes back with nothing?

thanks so much!

Can you share a screenshot of the properties panel for the Data Viewer and of the data source?
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 1.59.23 PM

Here is what I have set for the Title of the data list viewer.

Attached blocks to display in label the associated title of the data list viewer in row ID 1

Label marked in yellow to display data list viewer title of row ID 1.

No return

Within that spreadsheet I only have one item in the first row after column title.

To simplify it.

A couple of things I am noticing here:

• First, the blocks are not necessary. The point of the Data Viewer component is to only use the properties panel to tell the DV what column in the data source to display for each property (title, subtitle, etc.).
  • redyards is text in the first row, the column name is A. Normally, we’d tell the Data Viewer to display the title based on the property from the column, so having redyards as the title property does not make a lot of sense.
  • Also, the “#” next to redyards suggests that column is formatted as a number and not text, also probably not what you want.

After watching the video in the custom data list formatting , I think I can achieve the appropriate font size after making a template

Thanks Matt!!

1 Like