[Solved] Could someone help me figure out why my lists keep showing all items?

Hello. I am working on a project for my beginner programing class and I am assigned to make a multiple choice quiz app. So far I think I’ve got what I need done, but my issue is that I when I test the app, the first question and list of answers show every item in their lists, however when I click the next button the quiz seems to be working appropriately (minus the score and correct answer working, but I assume that is because the very first question is messed up). I’ve searched on youtube, I’ve followed my professor’s steps but for some reason I can’t seem to figure out whats wrong. My blocks look exactly like my professor’s so I have no clue what is going wrong.

Here is the link to my project, if someone is willing to take a look at it. Thunkable

You made a common mistake. Your variables are already defined as lists. So when you add the [gear] list block, you create a list of lists. That’s generally a bad idea unless you’re meaning to do that. Remove those extra blocks and you should be fine.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I see what was wrong now. I guess I’m not as good at following directions as I thought. Thank you again!

1 Like

You’re welcome. It was really helpful that you described the problem in detail and included a link to your project.

1 Like