[Solved] App Rejection iOS Guideline 2.3.10 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

My app was rejected for the reason below. I used xthunkable.com and went through the publishing process for ios. Dont know what to do to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated.

Guideline 2.3.10 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your app or its metadata includes irrelevant third-party platform information.

Specifically, your app includes Android references in the binary.

Referencing third-party platforms in your app or its metadata is not permitted on the App Store unless there is specific interactive functionality.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove all instances of this information from your app and its metadata, including the app description, promotional text, What’s New info, previews, and screenshots.

Check - is there a link to share the application that leads to google play

There is nothing that i added to the app. I did post it to both apple and google. should I have 2 versions of the app 1 for apple and one for android?

Hi @Richard_Fellows,

No! In fact one of the best things about Thunkable is that you should be able to have one project that works on iOS, Android and the Web!

Apologies for the inconvenience with this. I’m not familiar with this message (and we’re not seeing reports from anyone else who published today) so hopefully we can get this resolved quickly for you.

Can you help me out with two things?

1. Is this a new app upload? (i.e. you’re not updating an already-published app?)

2. What components are you using? Perhaps one of these is responsible for the message you’re getting from Apple?

1 no it is not new it was an update. although i never submitted the first version for review
2 just the standard button and pictures and sounds.

yes this was a new app that had only been submitted 1 time to apple.

Hi Richard,

We’re just looking into this at the moment and can’t find anything on our end that might be causing this.

Wondering if you could share your App submission with us? Have you mentioned Android at all anywhere or used Android screenshots?

See others with similar experiences here:

I dont believe I mentioned android anywhere and the screen shots i made with my ipad. I am not sure what you are asking me to share.

When you submitted you app name, icon, description to Apple, what did you send them?

Did you see the top answer to the Stackoverflow post I linked above - does that apply to your project by any chance?

should i be looking at the app itself or the apple store.

the icon i sent is the main image used in the app no mention of android.
Description, under app settings in thunkable it is blank.
Screen shots are of my ipad.

i went through everything that i created on the app store and do not see any mention of android.

Yeah, your store listing on App Store Connect. That’s really strange to be honest with you.

I see you uploaded again recently - that didn’t make a difference did it?

Would they reject that if i submitted it as a public test build in testflight? They did approve a version i uploaded yesterday for public testing. I haven’t submitted another one for review and release.

I can’t say for certain, since I don’t review the apps.

I’ve found them to be very responsive though - so if you try submitting it again, and run into the same issue - just send them a quick email to see what the story is.

I’ve let my colleagues know about this so we’ll keep an eye out in case any other users who have the same issue. Keep us posted!

Thanks for your help. I was going to wait until i get it more complete then try again. I will update this thread with the progress.

2 Likes

Thanks @Richard_Fellows!

How your update ? i got similar issue.

message from apple

Guideline 2.3.10 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your app or its metadata includes irrelevant third-party platform information.

Specifically, your app includes Android references in the metadata.

Referencing third-party platforms in your app or its metadata is not permitted on the App Store unless there is specific interactive functionality.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove all instances of this information from your app and its metadata, including the app description, promotional text, What’s New info, previews, and screenshots

We will need to know more about your app. What is it about?

it kind of queue system, i am creating as demo apps so i can approach any company if they want to use it. what i am not understand “Android references in the metadata”. what are there refer on this. also “please remove all instances of this information from your app” instances it refer to what?

Just bumping this topic @Richard_Fellows as I can see your app is in the store - and I can see that you’ve been sending updates to the store, but I’m just not sure whether Apple are accepting these updates or not?

Would you mind updating me? (either here or via PM/email works too, whichever you prefer!) Would appreciate the benefit of your experience.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes I was able to get the app approved. I had the word Android in one of my screen shots.

3 Likes