Solution for the slow platform

Hi Thunkers,
This is a temporary solution to make you do your work on building app on Thunkable X faster.

If you plan to build an app with lots of blocks, then do the long blocks on an empty screen and copy it then paste it in your work screen.

Note: This solution is temporary till Thunkable staff fix this issue.

Regards!
Hayder

4 Likes

Thank you so much!
but we need to design the same screen 2 times…
We need to request the Thunkable Staff to fix this.
And also the Variable carried over to other projects…

2 Likes

Right, thx.

Hope you find a good solution soon.

3 Likes

Will the new update just have limit of blocks that it can handle, is compiling going to be manual?

2 Likes

Is the slowdown a function of the number of blocks as such, or a function of the size taken to display them?
In other words, is there an improvement if the blocks are collapsed?

1 Like

You do not need to design the second screen. Just set the blocks.

Then Red Errors?

1 Like

This is a temporary for sure. I am sure Thunkable staff will fix this issue very soon.

1 Like

You will have to select the right components. That’s it. In stead of setting the whole blocks slowly, you will just set the components inside the blocks area.
It is not perfect but it is better.

2 Likes

2 Likes

My pleasure! I will post anything that may help.

1 Like

Finally, I figure out how to get rid of these red errors.
Instead of setting components texts etc we can use variables and we change the variables contents. The good news is that variables work on all screens and they will never ever show red errors.
My regards!

1 Like

My experiments show that the collapset of all blocks does not increase the speed of working with blocks.

2 Likes

FWIW, we believe we know the root cause for much of the slowness with large numbers of blocks and it is consistent with the workaround that @Hayder is talking about. The fix is a bit complicated, so I don’t yet have an estimate on when the fix might happen.

-Mark

2 Likes

My 2 cents are that it’s slow because it rewrites the code everytime that there is a change in the editor, and sends it to the companion app. If this is the case, just having a ‘Test the app’ button on the website that compiles and connect to the companion would solve it.

But I know nothing of this so it’s just my 2 cents :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi there,

My experiments showed that a sharp slowdown occurs when you add at least one block of the variable “Initialize blocks” to the screen. Recently, another user confirmed my guess.

I try to use function parameter blocks, so I encountered this problem recently when it was necessary to transfer the value of a variable to another screen. Which exit? I’m not sure, but it’s possible to recall the Local Storage component to transfer values ​​between screens.

2 Likes

I noticed that too, adding variables is very slow, but didn’t notice it makes all the platform slow, even though it got better since 3 days

2 Likes

I always had my suspicions about those initialise variable blocks.

3 Likes

On the first screen, I do not have a initialization block and the total number of blocks 500

The second screen has a variable initialization block and 300 blocks.

The first screen is faster (Yandex browser).

4 Likes

It goes very slow for me.