Simple Help Page

I am building an app right now and one of the features I would like to include is a simple “Help Page”, All it would need to do is let users type in their problem and then submit it to a data source.
What would be the best way of doing this?

Here Is a screenshot of what I mean (Nothing in the screenshot works, it’s just there to show what I am thinking) :

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When Submit button is clicked, create row in data source with text input’s text as value.

So this is what I have so far, what else do I need to add? I feel like I am missing something.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 6.11.43 pm

Many Thanks Levi

The create row block should have sections for column values. I’m not sure why yours does not. What does your data source look like? If you used a Google Sheet, did you specify that there is a header row? Do your columns have titles?

You can see an example of that here:

Ok, thanks I will check that out.

Here is what the Google sheet looks like, is very basic, does this help?

What do you think I should do, I would like to keep all my data sources either Google sheets or thunkable’s built-in ones, that way It is less complex and easier to keep track of everything.

Click on your data source on the left sidebar of the Design tab and then click Sync with Source. After doing that, add a new Create Row block and see if it has a space for a Questions value.

Ok, It now has a spot for the questions value.

What should I do next, many thanks Levi

Put the Text Input’s text block in the Questions value slot.

Is this what you mean?

1 Like

This works but is there a way to make it when I type in the help box that it fills up all the space instead of continuing to type out the text to the right?, If there’s not an easy fix no probs.

Many Thanks Levi

I’m not sure what you mean. Do you want the text to wrap within the Text Input box?

For Example:

“How do I connect my friends to the app and have more people join…”

Vs

“How do I connect my friends to the
app and have more people join…”

In the text input when I type out a message for the help page I made it does what I showed in the top, where as I would like it to be like my second example, that way it looks more compact and cleaner.

Many Thanks, Levi

You need to enable Multiline for your Text Input component:

Ok, Cool, Thanks I will try that. :grinning:

Thanks, it works now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.