Simple Card Game - Chase the Ace

Hi All,

I’ve published a very simple free card game called “Chase the Ace” on the Google Play Store. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Find it at:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_willsentjens.Chase_the_Ace&hl=en

Have fun. Will

6 Likes

I enjoyed playing your game and it is very nice.

But as it is a game, you should focus more on UI and make it colourful.

Here are some of the things that you can do:

• Hide Title bar and status bar to make it fullscreen.
  • When on Main Screen, I am not been able to close the app; the Main screen automatically starts again when back pressed.
  • Use images for buttons
  • Big and custom fonts
  • Background images with background music
  • Good placement for ads. (Ads shows up in the middle of the screen)

BTW, how did you make cards to animate?

3 Likes

Thank you Pavitra for taking a look and trying out Chase the Ace. I really appreciate your comments for improvements, which I will take into consideration and implement for the next update. Yes I also thought that the UI was a little flat…my artistic talents are lacking. When I designed the screen with the ad, I do have the ad at the bottom, but possibly with larger phones the ad appears more towards the middle of the screen.

How I made the cards animate is as follows (image included with some of the code)…the cards are image sprites on a canvas. When the screen is initialized I create three lists, one for the names of the image sprites, one for the X position of each of the sprites and one for the Y position of each of the sprites. In my code, I determine the cards that need to be switched ( ie perhaps 2 and 4 - startCardNum and finishCardNum). I initiate a timer (clock) that will move these two image sprites 1/5 of the distance between them towards each other (movex and movey). After the timer fires five times (so the complete distance is covered), I return the image sprites back to their original position, so it appears that the cards were switched. I do this for all of the cards that need to be switched and then disable the timer. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks. Will

1 Like

To my surprise, the animations in your game were pretty smooth.

Your game reminded me of Microsoft Solitare.

Good game.

Please improve UI and add easy exit option.

Would that work towards making a tarot card game?

Hi Sherri,

I’m not familiar with the tarrot card deck or any of the games played with the deck but I can’t see a problem with using the logic to move the playing cards around on a virtual table.

Will

1 Like

could you help with main set up, do you start with the mages or if you can direct me to a site that helps with that
thans

1 Like

Hi Sherri,

I can’t direct you to a site to help you with your main set up of a tarot card game. I created the Chase the Ace app from my own skill set. I’m not sure how I can help you. Have you started your app?

Will