Selecting an emoji (Data Viewer / Data Input)

Hey everyone! I’ve been struggling with this for a while but it seems so simple. I need users of my app to select an emoji. Text inputs do not support many emojis for some reason, however text labels and buttons do support unicode emojis.

I think the optimal solution is a list or data viewer so that each emoji can be scrolled through and then selected with a click. However, I’m not sure if it is possible to have so many ‘columns’ in a Data or List viewer. To the best of my knowledge List viewers only show one record per row and Data viewer grids can show 2 records per row.

One of Darren’s videos accomplished something like this by cloning buttons and setting the parent container to wrap, but this would unfortunately be too slow as I plan on using a big list of emojis (100s).

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

1 Like

A List Viewer will only have one item per row but a Data Viewer List will have as many items as you want it to be and as much as your screen can fit.

You can design your own custom DVL layout adding as many labels as can fit in the screen in one row.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I know how to do it now! I thought about custom DVLs but after your comment I looked into it a bit deeper and realised I can access the buttons in each list record separately like this.

1 Like