Search bar - dataview list?

Hi,

I try to create a automatic search bar for a dataview list, but can get it to work. I have followed this tutorial https://community.thunkable.com/t/making-a-search-bar/60939 but compared with the tutorial I assume that I need to “Set data_viewer_List_Wrapper” instead of “Text_item for List_viewer”. Any ideas why this don’t work?

Your green Set block is outside of the loop. You can’t use a loop index variable (i) outside of a loop.

I have moved the green Set block inside the loop but nothing happens, same as before, all rows are shown.

Your tempList variable needs to be a list of Data Viewer List component IDs. Is it? I’m guessing it isn’t. But you can get the block you need from the Any Component drawer. It will provide a list of all DVLs in your screen/group etc.

Perhaps you’re following this? Conditional Formatting of a Data Viewer List (aka "Painting the DVL")

Also, I feel like there was a known issue with using DVL wrappers but I’m not finding it at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.