List Viewer (Simple List) calling a Data Viewer List

Hi, thunkers.
I have been searching on the forums for an answer to my question, but many of the possible solutions come with a thunkabe link that is expired, so I need to ask here:
I am working on a visual dictionary using Data Viewer list, but there are so many items that I have decided to use a first screen with List Viewer (simple List) to make it easier to locate the element that we need, that is to say, that the List Viewer works as a kind of DVL Index.

The problem is that I can’t find a way to make the List Viewer activate the Data Viewer list …

Is it possible? Any suggestion on how to solve this?
Thanks

You’re using Any Component blocks that require a component ID. This is a hidden value generated by Thunkable and is unique for each component. So the in list app variable RowObject get #i block needs a list of components, not a list of data source values as you have it.

One method is to use the row IDs as I demonstrate here: Conditional Formatting of a Data Viewer List (aka "Painting the DVL").

Another is to use the all Data Viewers block from the Any Component drawer and then get #i of that list. That will provide component IDs.

Hi, Tatiang. Thanks for the reply.
I had already seen your approach to “painting the DVL”. I´m working on my own custom layout

Do you mean I have to create a variable and write something like this to have the ID?
Captura de pantalla 2024-05-04 195200
And when you say
“Another is to use the all Data Viewers block from the Any Component drawer and then get #i of that list. That will provide component IDs.”
Are you meaning this?
Captura de pantalla 2024-05-04 195705
Where should I use it? I´m a bit obfuscated, really.

Yes and yes! I like the latter method. So you replace this:

with this:

I´m trying the latter method, applying it to all of the elements of the DVL

but the web server doesn´t seem to work very well today. Any way, I only get a white screen. Is there any other thing I should change?

A white screen usually means that you’re trying to get a property name that doesn’t exist. Start simple and get one line of blocks working before you attempt to make all of them work at once. I have a method I use for debugging Thunkable projects. The link is below.

·····················································································································
Need help? How to Ask Great Questions :sparkles: Debugging A Project :sparkles: API JSON Tutorial

Want to hire a Certified Thunkable Expert? Elevate your app with Tatiang on Fiverr

to which list of components do you refer

You mean this?

I cant find the blocks for debugging
Captura de pantalla 2024-05-05 204959

Did you watch the video I linked to? There are no debugging blocks. There is a method I use for debugging.

No. You had the blocks correct before:

You just need to figure out why it’s crashing.

Hi Tatiang.
Yes, I have seen your video, but I can’t find the blocks you use. I have been working in STP, and it generated a blank screen. I have switched to D&D, and it no longer generates it, but whatever choice I make in the Simple List, it always takes me to the same page 1 with the bee.

This is my DVL

my DVL

And these are my blocks lately:

But unfortunately it´s not working for me.

You don’t need to use cloud variables. When using a data source, it will be stored inside the app. Therefore, you can do something simpler. Just grab the “call data_viewer_list#” and set the row id to whatever you need. I am creating a password manager app, and therefore need to use data sources. Just start a new conversation addressing me “@ksampei@ihmschoolonline.org”

Hi, Ksampei. I’ve just read that you have a way to solve this problem. That’s great. If you want a private conversation, my email is similar2similar@gmail.com