Request for iOS Beta Testers

Hey,
What do you exactly mean by this?

I mean anyone cannot access inbuilt files of the app to hack it

People could do this with android too though right?

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s actually quite easy to do as well.

1 Like

So Shouldnā€™t we fix android before the IOS one??

But releasing a fix for Android doesnā€™t necessarily mean a fix for iOS. What works here may not work thereā€¦

I am using the root checker extension for my new app (developing) and i check if a person has root and if the ans is true then app closes with a notifier saying cannot access the appā€¦
Before releasing the app i will try myself hacking the app but as i have everything in firebase which is a web database there is no way a person could hack with root :smile:

Iā€™m not sure you can. All APK files can be extracted. If it was possible to fix, most of the top companies (Google, Facebook, Twitter) would have. The only thing you can do is encrypt/hash strings so that when extracted they cannot be read.

Hi guys, the comment was just meant as a play on words (thinker not Thunker). Sorry if it caused an audit.

Thanks for the small update. Iā€™m doing some more training on Thunkable for Android so hopefully by the time the IOS comes out i should know Kung Fu!

4 Likes

Haha! I thought it was a typo :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi there! First of all, great work, Iā€™d love to see iOS support up and running! Question: what is the minimal iOS that can run the apps?

Thanks!

1 Like

Not 100% sure, but i guess it must be ios7

As Of Now In The Alpha Its IOS 8.0

6 Likes

Ios 8 is good for all iphone users with & above 4s :smile:

1 Like

OK, thanks! Right now I use Android but I have a really old iPod 4s collecting dust in a drawer. Would that be able to run this if I can somehow upgrade it to iOS 8?

Im not sure that the IPod would support IOS 8 but you could try. It should work although it might be slower and not the best way to test it. I can help test other peoples apps if they need me to :smiley:

2 Likes

OK haha, thatā€™s what I was thinking too. And I think it was jailbroken too, and the home button is stuck. Ew. Might not work too well.

Sorry to say, but ipod 4 doesnt support ios 8, iphone 4s does though

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to check the ios version of Thunkable :heart_eyes:

Well you can also use assitive touch if your home button doesnt work. Check it out in your settings.

2 Likes