Request for iOS Beta Testers

Hi all -

We’re starting to take names for the iOS beta which we are working really hard to complete and should be ready soon!

If you are interested in joining the iOS beta, please add your name here!

Amrita

24 Likes

If you have already filled it out, you’re good to go! Just wanted to post this in the #Announcements category in case anyone missed it in the other thread!

13 Likes

Excited ios programming sucks

2 Likes

I can’t wait for it to come out. Programming for iOS without a Computer Science degree is an absolute chore.

2 Likes

Is it a single app that the apps run through, like hopscotch? Or, does it make standalone apps.

3 Likes

Thunkable iOS will be Standalone apps!

6 Likes

Hi, iOS version of Thunkable will have bluetooth tools like Android’s Thunkable?

4 Likes

Will it be just like thunkable for android, block wise

2 Likes

@albert is working on putting together an FAQ regarding Thunkable iOS that we will share next week which should answer most questions

11 Likes

Sounds great!!! Keep up your fantastic job!!!

4 Likes

Feeling excited, I filled the request few days ago. I think I could be a beta tester…

2 Likes

Update:

We are finishing up the initial beta (will only have very limited number of features) that we plan to roll out to our Power Thunkers (most active users next week). Over the course of the next few weeks, we will slowly be adding more people to the beta based on how active they are on Thunkable and when they signed up for the beta. Please note it will take a few more months to have the all the features incorporated to make it on par with the Android version at which point we will have a full public launch. We look forward to getting this into everyone’s hands soon!

Keep on Thunking!

Amrita

14 Likes

Hi my name is andrew, I’m a designer working in manchester, UK. I’m loving thunkable and just wanted to say I’m really excited to be working on iOS. Thanks for all the hard work you’ve put into your platform, and looking forward to being a contributor to the whole iOS experience :grin:

4 Likes

Hi Amrita

I am one of App inventors early ( 2014 ) subcribers.
I have build one app on App inventor.( on the Play store )
But just like the most App inventor app builders I was missing the possibility to develop ios apps aswell.
A few weeks ago i subscribe as a beta tester, in the hope that i would get an invatation to beta test the ios platform.

Best regards
Dinto

Hi Amrita,

I hope you don’t mind me asking. Is there any update on the IOS version of Thunkable beta release? I signed up for the beta list (when the list of signers was about 50 people). I am really looking forward to creating a version of the tourism app I’ve created I Love Rossendale’s Hidden Gems and have signed up for an Apple developer account in anticipation and am ready to publish to the store. I’m sure you guys are working as hard as you can, i can’t sit still waiting to create my app on IOS :grin:

Please don’t think me pushy, I’m just super excited! :blush:

1 Like

@FamousMrThomas The iOS version is currently in alpha testing to a few users, mainly Power Thunkers. In 1-2 weeks, it will be opened up to more users.

1 Like

I’m a power thinker, does that count! :slight_smile: Are you using it at the moment Conor? any juicy gossip?

1 Like

@FamousMrThomas It doesnt look like your a Power Thunker yet. Please talk to @amrita for more about being one. We arnt permitted to tell you anything about it or share screenshots but I can tell you that its going to be really cool and the interface is completely redesigned and awesome :smiley:

Get Hyped,
Luca

3 Likes

You’re not a Power Thunker. Power Thunkers are users that have Trust Level 3 are are then given a “Power Thunker” badge. You’re Trust Level 1…

Anyway, no I’m not using it because I don’t have a compatible Apple device. (I have an Apple device but it’s running an out-of-date iOS version).
I have seen it though and how to use it.

I’m not allowed to give anymore information though, sorry.

3 Likes

@amrita I am a apple user from years and a developer in the jailbreaking community… All i wanted is that there should have somekindof protection which a person with jailbreak cant hack… I will personally try too and let you know once the ios beta is out :smile::+1: Thanks :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes