[Reopened] Keyboard changes screen layout

this a new bug been complaining since Monday

2 Likes

Same here. I 've updated for the 203 version, but this bug still occurred.

Never mind line still there

Ya, Same problem happening.

Tagging, I think can solve

Please help,

1 Like

Yeah I had no luck with the new update either

Thanks @tobi, but tagging 100+ people isn’t the solution in this case. :joy: We’ve got a few fires to fight at the moment and we’re working our way through them.

@wagnerwillianx6 - the issue with the live app crashing is a separate issue to this keyboard issue. It’s possibly a bug with the Screen component, or the Text Input itself. Thankfully the issue with Thunkable Live should now be resolved so we can dedicate more resources to this issue.

Thanks.

@huntermclarkn pretty sure this one is on us. Thanks for flagging. We’re going to keep all the keyboard related questions here to make it easier for everyone to follow progress and updates.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Hi,

When testing our app (either via Thunkable Live or native) the text input compresses everything to the top of the screen. This happens on every screen.

I noticed this issue a few days ago.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem to this or have a suggestion on what might be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Yup, associated with the extra white spaces above the keyboard, many of us have raised to the team after the latest V202 update. The thunkable team is working on this, hopefully to see the fix soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out! Much appreciated.

Thanks @gobassky

We’re dedicating more resources to this today.

Thanks for flagging this @loyaltapdevtpih, I’ve moved you question to the main topic about this so that it’s easier for us all to follow and track.

No problem, Sorry for having created a whole separate discussion section. Should have gone through a bit better. Thank you guys for being on top of everything as always :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hello friends, I hope you are very well.

I would like to know if any of you have had this problem? started a few days ago. Pressing a text input opens the keyboard but deconfigures the entire screen.

This does not happen in thunkable live, only when installing the app on android, I have not tested on iOS.

I leave a comparison image.

1 Like

I am also facing the same problem

1 Like

No problem at all @huntermclarkn - I’ve adjusted the name of this topic slightly so hopefully it’s easier for others to see. If you have any suggestions around topic titles, let me know!

Hey @fredyfernando - yes, we’re aware of this issue and committed to fixing it. Apologies for the temporary inconvenience.

Sorry to hear this @Al3_anna - just wanted to let you know we’re working on this and will keep you updated with our progress here.

Hey everyone, just a quick update in relation to this.

As you might have noticed, there are a couple of annoying bugs that we’re working on at the moment. If you spot anyone else in the community who’s having difficulty with the keyboard messing up their layout can you please direct them to this topic and feel free to tag me too so I can keep track of everyone.

Really appreciate your help with this.

cc: @id.salazar88zrunh @saramdl.gaunde021 @Leito @lamagalhaes @newman1994211pt @davidcasasabajory @kizzy @gobassky @rynaldegabriel @rozakdata404oa @ryanfloresmejiagfhpi @huntermclarkn @kizzy @wagnerwillianx6 @tobi @loyaltapdevtpih @gobassky @fredyfernando @Al3_anna

Thanks!

3 Likes

Good news!!! Keyboard issue seems to be gone… finally!!
Just the GIF issue now! Wich includes loading_icon not working on a splashscreen! :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks great news @lamagalhaes - seems to be working fine for me on Thunkable Live and installed on Android.

I’m going to mark this as solved now!

EDIT: seems to be working for iOS too!

3 Likes

no more white space working fine

1 Like

Looks to be working, thanks for your hard work on this @domhnallohanlon

1 Like

Yes. It worked now just like how it did previously. Only that my icon picture on the first screen did not load, but deleting it and re-adding the picture file solved the problem, don’t know why but nevermind. Thanks to the team for the hard work.

Now its the other outstanding issues on variables across screens which is tracked in another thread. Feel quite confident that the team will solve it soon.

1 Like