Quiz App - Fun With Flags

Hi @a01612325h5, please see this post about best practices for asking a question in this community:

Thanks, I believe my mistake is on the image. What link should I put on the Picture space?

@a01612325h5 The APIs & Functions section in the first post explains how to get a flag image from the API. An example of this would be, for the U.S., https://www.countryflags.io/us/flat/64.png.

1 Like

Hi, what does the list of flags underneath list of countries in the 2nd image mean. Like what is it’s function?

Hey @7994y

Great questions and welcome to the community!

The list of flags in the second images is used while getting a flag image. the function takes a random item from the list and inserts those letters into the URL used to grab a flag image! :slight_smile:
The list is a parralell list meaning that each item in the flag list has a corresponding item in the countries list. This allows us to do work with concepts like “if the user is seeing the flag image from the #2 spot in the flag list, then the text he enters should match the country name from the #2 spot in the country list”

1 Like