Push Notification Behaviour

Hi - I have read the documentation but want to know before i start if it is possible to send a push notification automatically “when an event occur” without me as a user sending it.

in my case i want the event to be checked by the app in the BG without me trigger a check…
Maybe a fussy question but i’ll try and see you understand me ?

1 Like

If you mean to code your blocks that a Push Notification is sent when your code detects an error then yes,

Example:
If you try to search for a user profile photo and could not locate it you want to send a notification instead of use the standard alert then YES. because you are coding it to use the notification.

If this is not your intention then I might have misunderstood the question.

Hi Muneer Sorry for my late reply and comment.

Lets say you and i is having the app only.
And none of us has started the app
Still i want a check to be done in the background (Against an external API)
And “if true” send push notifications to you and me

It sounds to good to be true if this is possible - But just have to check… :smiley:
Hope this is better explained.

1 Like

Thunkable currently does not support background operations. This means you will not be able to perform your idea.

1 Like

Ok - Thats what was i though Thanks anyway.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi @muneer,

Is it possible to force a push notification to send when an event happens in Airtable or Firebase, so it’s not relying on a background operation in Thunkable?

The use case is sending a push notification when there’s a severe water or weather alert at a friend’s lake house. (his wife’s device, too)

When there’s no alert, the field in Airtable is blank. But when a data point comes in, can it be triggered?

Or, maybe pass that data from Airtable to Firebase and trigger it that way? I’m using Airtable for water/weather data and Firebase for user data.

Cheers,
Dean…

1 Like

You can do that with Firebase but you need to create a Firebase Function using GCP.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.