Publish issues to App Store IOS

…This post has been deleted

Hi -

We have a bug where sometimes version number becomes NaN and we are working to fix that.

In the mean time just go to your app settings and set the iOS version number to 1. If this doesn’t work, let me know.

Amrita

@towball I saw you recent publish went through! Please let me know if there is anything we can help further :slight_smile:

Wei

Hi Wei
Please assist. I am loading through Thunk X to apple store and this is the last step I cannot solve. Seems that thinkable has some sort of advertising setting that I do not know how to turn off.

I am trying to submit for review on the apple store and get the following error

Your app is using the Advertising Identifier (IDFA). You must either provide details about the IDFA usage or remove it from the app and submit your binary again.

Also I get this option and selecting NO still indicates there is an issue

Advertising Identifier

Does this app use the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)?

The Advertising Identifier (IDFA) is a unique ID for each iOS device and is the only way to offer targeted ads. Users can choose to limit ad targeting on their iOS device.

Yes

No

Ensure that you select the correct answer for Advertising Identifier (IDFA) usage. If your app does contain the IDFA and you select No, the binary will be permanently rejected and you will have to submit a different binary.

Found the answer on the forum Should have looked first…

albertThunkable Educator

Aug 31

Hola,

Apologies for the confusion here caused by our latest release. You should still be able to publish but we recommend that you check the following boxes :

• Attribute this app installation to a previously served advertisement
  • Attribute an action taken within this app to a previously served advertisement
  • I, YOUR_NAME, confirm that this app, and any third party…

Note, you should not check the box labeled “Serve advertisements within the app.”

We apologize for this extra step and will work to remove it in the future.

Albert on behalf of Thunkable

Hi,

I’m having a similar error when publishing. I set the version number to 1, doesn’t look like this is doing the trick. Any help would be appreciated!

@amrita

Arun

Error:
Command failed: cd ***/thunkableCompanionTemp/thunkableCompanion_1b1485fd-df3b-436b-aef6-5f84e4bae8cb/ios && npx exp path && bundle exec fastlane release app_identifier:‘com.painfree.app’ app_name:‘PainFree’ team_id:‘TFRR9P246A’ two_factor:‘true’ build_number:‘1’ version_number:‘1’ xcode_project_path:’***/Documents/thunkable-for-ios/thunkableCompanionTemp/thunkableCompanion_1b1485fd-df3b-436b-aef6-5f84e4bae8cb/ios/thunkablecompanion.xcodeproj’ profile_uuid:‘d7f7553e-8210-4ca7-89bc-58ffe759d370’ profile_name:‘PainFree’ There is a new version of exp available (57.2.1). You are currently using exp 56.0.0 Run npm install -g exp to get the latest version [31m [!] Error building the application - see the log above [0m

Hi Arun,

My best guess is that you generate the wrong type of the provisioning profile. Could you check if your provisioning profile is for good for app store distribution?

That is to say, make sure to choose App Store under Distribution when generating your provisioning profile on the Apple Developer website . If not and you are not sure what to do, here we have a step by step instruction. Please run through the publish process again to upload the new provisioning profile file. If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know so we’d be able to help you further : )

Thanks,
Ting