I'm not able to send the app in review because it tells me: Your app is using the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)

I did not include advertising in my app but apple wrote me an email:

App Store Connect

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “BOLOGNA MEDIEVALE Culture Art”. Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the “aps-environment” entitlement. Xcode 8 does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor’s Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/HandlingRemoteNotifications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH6-SW1.

“Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File. Your app’s code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app’s Info.plist file should contain a NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. Starting spring 2019, all apps submitted to the App Store that access user data will be required to include a purpose string.If you’re using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. You can contact the developer of the library or SDK and request they release a version of their code that doesn’t contain the APIs. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/core_app/protecting_the_user_s_privacy).”

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

Hola,

Apologies for the confusion here caused by our latest release. You should still be able to publish but we recommend that you check the following boxes:

• Attribute this app installation to a previously served advertisement
  • Attribute an action taken within this app to a previously served advertisement
  • I, YOUR_NAME, confirm that this app, and any third party…

Note, you should not check the box labeled “Serve advertisements within the app.”

We apologize for this extra step and will work to remove it in the future.

Albert on behalf of Thunkable

3 Likes

this worked for me :+1: