Projects page not loading

I’ve noticed in the last 24 hours, the projects page (http://x.thunkable.com/projects) isn’t loading consistently. It sometimes just shows a blank white screen. I’ve had this happen on two different browsers (Chrome & Safari) on two different Macs. I heard from someone else that the Blocks tab wasn’t loading today, either. I haven’t noticed that but I’m wondering why the projects page is not loading well.

1 Like

Hi @tatiang

Could you try hard refresh (command + shift + r on Chrome on Mac) when you experience this issue again and let us know if it goes away?

Thanks,
Ting

I’ll try that as soon as I can. I’m currently using Safari. Again, it’s not every time I load the page… just sometimes. Currently, though, I’m seeing this:

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 9.52.07 AM

I can’t get to the component delete button at the top-right of the properties area. Even after hard-resetting Safari. This is in Big Sur using Safari 14.0.1.

A hard refresh did not resolve this issue in Chrome:

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 10.26.12 AM

@tingc,

I see the same thing as @tatiang using windows 10 with both chrome and edge after logging out and clearing cache.

Thank you both for reporting! We’ll take a look.

3 Likes

@tingc Any update on this? Projects page is still blank after a hard reset.

@tatiang,

@domhnallohanlon told me 48 hours they should have a fix for the similar issue I am experiencing.

But I have found I can access the design and blocks of my apps using the thunkable website on my phone. :wink:

Lots of irregularities going on. Alerts not displaying correct (for example setting Message changes nothing). I thought there was a block to enable/disable text fields — not seeing it. New delete icons displaying beside everything, so definitely there are changes going on. I really wish you guys would post ALL changes. ALL of them, not just new components.

@tatiang,

I just managed to get in for the first time in over 12 hours :crossed_fingers:

I just found an “extra” Alert component in my project (and both were named “Alert1” which should not be possible). Once I deleted the extra component, my Alerts are working correctly now.

Can you open your Chrome console log and show if there is any error message?

Thanks,
Wei

And BTW, the Copy Screens interface is showing “Invalid Date” for all screens. The copying works, though.

Me too.

1 Like

Same problem last 72 hours.
I’m tried with different browser, different computer, different network. Hard refresh, and log out - log in , But problem is not solved.

With Firefox i got the following from the log several times this evening:
[Exception… “Favicon at “https://x.thunkable.com/favicon.ico” failed to load: Not Found.” nsresult: “0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)” location: “JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 253” data: no] FaviconLoader.jsm:253:22

onStopRequest resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm:253

1623394311056 addons.update-checker WARN onUpdateCheckComplete failed to parse update manifest: [Exception… “Update manifest is missing a required addons property.” nsresult: “0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)” location: “JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/addons/AddonUpdateChecker.jsm :: getRequiredProperty :: line 149” data: no] Stack trace: getRequiredProperty()@resource://gre/modules/addons/AddonUpdateChecker.jsm:149 parseJSONManifest()@resource://gre/modules/addons/AddonUpdateChecker.jsm:165 onLoad()@resource://gre/modules/addons/AddonUpdateChecker.jsm:343 UpdateParser/<()@resource://gre/modules/addons/AddonUpdateChecker.jsm:286

The browser showed the following:
The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application. Additional troubleshooting information here.