Problems tracking *row id* in Sorted Sheet when using DataViewer

—the details of my case—

condition : i have database which will be written by users. and i want to use dataviewer to show the db. (user can click to see the detail of each item, or can change/delete if he/she is the writer)

the feature i need is ‘sorting’ and ‘filtering’ (to spreadsheet)
(specifically,

1. sorting table : recent scheduled ones in first, and future ones in last (about schedule they wrote. not the time data saved)
  2. make several filtered clone sheet : so that user can view each specific type of data)

as you guys know, when i use ‘sort’ or ‘filter’ formula(/function) in google sheet, it needs original sheet.
so i may use datasource as original sheet, and make new sheet(s) using formula to project to dataviewer(s).
in that case, if user pick an item, the app needs to follow original row so that modify or delete the values. so i need to record each row id (of original data).

BUT , unlike what I expected, if original data deleted, then somehow row id doesn’t work as before. the value of row id changed.
and similarly, if i created new row to original sheet and if that row will be sorted in the middle of viewer sheet, then it doesn’t work what i expected too.
oh, and if i reboot the app, the row id comes back!! to what i expected.

for my understanding now, row id follows an order not the value.
sorry for not uploading screenshot.
but please let me know when the bug fixed. and what is the characteristic of row id, and what i have to do.

thank you for reading this. and always pulling for thunkable team.

Hi @saramdl.gaunde021 - have you managed to get this working?

I think your understanding here is correct - in the past I’ve used parallel lists, or joined the list items with a number as a work-around for this.

1 Like

Thanks. But it didnt work.
So i tried to make happen using Clone list, but displaying data was so slow (both iOS and Android)

And now i just going to change whole app. From Listview to Card view (like Tinder)

But still, hope to solve this issue.

1 Like

ok, best of luck with the card view approach - let us know if you need any help in the future!

1 Like

Thanx! Rly appreciate it!

Use another column in your Data named “User ID” then if a user wants to update or delete compare his local store ID with the ID in db.
If it is = True then allow him to delete or update
Else do nothing.

You can sort all data in spreadsheet automatically according to a spicific column such as Row ID column.