Problems publishing to Apple App Store

Hi,

We’re having problems creating the certificates needed to publish our app to the app store. The screenshot shows where we get stuck. Any suggestions appreciated.

rich

1 Like

Hi @gratitudue.duqee1 ,

Did you create a developer certificate rather than a distribution certificate by any chance? (I do this regularly myself - very easy to get the two mixed up!)

1 Like

Hi @domhnallohanlon,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve attached a screenshot (red rectangle added by me) with the options I am given for creating a certificate. The one I have been choosing (which hasn’t been working) is “iOS App Development”. Is there another certificate I should be choosing, instead?

rich

1 Like

It needs to be a distribution certificate, not a development one.

1 Like

Thanks, @tatiang! It seems like our problem is that we are being presented with entirely different options. How do we get to the window that you took a screenshot of? I go to this URL:

https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/certificates/add

and what I see is attached.

rich

1 Like

How strange! If I go to that same URL, I see this:

2 Likes

According to Apple, “Distribution certificates can be requested only by Account Holders and Admins.”

If I go to the Membership section, it shows this. How does yours compare?

1 Like

@gratitudue.duqee1 are you using an Enterprise Licence by any chance?

1 Like

We have the iOS Developer University Program. Does this change things?

1 Like

The very last sentence of this document seems to indicate that you would have to pay for an Apple Developer account to be able to distribute apps on the App Store.

1 Like

Hello Tatiang, you are the best person to ask a question that I desperately need an answer to. Do I have to have an Apple computer to publish an App created with Thunkable to the App Store? My App was created on Dell computer. Please advise
Thanks, Darian

Please don’t double-post. You already created a topic about this: