Problem reading an Airtable row

Hi everyone,
I read a row of Airtable with Get Row Object Form. I go to view directly with a Lable but it writes me [object Object].
Now I wonder how to display the value of a single column (eg Local_ID). I tried with objects but failed. Could you please send me an example or tell me how I can solve it. I’ve been banging my head for 3 days.
Thanks Marco

1 Like

That is correct. You used the Get Row Object so you are using an object not a simple text.

One way of displaying the content of an object is to convert it to JSON using

In the meantime, thanks for your cooperation.

Another question:
for example, Marco which is my value on db airtable appears to me as “Marco” on the app.
Can I avoid the quotes?

It occurred to me to remove head and tail but that’s more work for the app.
Is there any other method?

Thanks Marco

What format is the Airtable column? Post a screenshot of the blocks you are using to get the value “Marco” from Airtable. It should be [get property “column name” of object], where the object is the row.

Here are the blocks in the picture.
I see the variable Name_Region with quotes.
Instead of Marche I get “Marche”.

Thanks Marco

So the trick here is that @muneer is correct that to convert an object to text, you need to use the [generate JSON from object] block. But in your case, you’re already doing that with the [get property of object] block. That block converts the row object to text but then the [generate JSON from object] block formats it as JSON and adds the quotes ("). So you need to remove the [generate JSON from object blocks] in your screenshot above.

Is there a reason you aren’t using the Get Value blocks in the Data Sources category?

If you keep using [get row object], I recommend that you set a variable to [get row object] and then use that variable in place of the other [get row object] blocks in your project. Because the way you’re doing it, each [get row object] block is a separate call to Airtable. The way I’m suggesting, you make one call to Airtable and then use the data over and over in a local variable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.