Problem adding invisible component code blocks to additional tabs on Tab Bar

My (very simple) app looks like this (two tabs, each with a picture and a button):

Here is what the block tab looks like when Screen1 (the right-most tab) is selected.

This looks fine so far - Screen1 is selected, and the screen1 components (button1 and image1) are visible right above it.

However, when I then go click TextToSpeech1, in order to drag a Speak component into (say) a ButtonClick block, it immediately switches to Screen2, and the components (image2 and button2) that are on screen2, rather than having Screen 1 stay where it is. It also gets rid of the Button1 Click block.

So, as you can see, there would be no way to drag out a TextToSpeech block to the Button1Click block. I was only able to make this work by copying a TextToSpeech block that I had already dragged out onto the screen for button 2.

I’m not sure what the expected behavior is here, but this doesn’t look right. I don’t know if all the code is supposed to be visible at all times, or if it’s only supposed to show the code on one screen at a time, but either way the main problem is that I can’t seem to use invisible component blocks for tabs that are not the left-most.

Also, I added a Translator component to see if it had the same problem as the TextToSpeech block, and it did. So my theory is that this bug is true for all invisible components.

I think there may be more other related bugs as well, but it’s hard to tell. This is actually the second TabBar app I tried to make, the other one had more problems; I couldn’t even copy a TextToSpeech block to anything on the right tab at all, because in that case, only screen1 code showed up when screen1 was selected, and only screen2 code showed up when screen2 was selected.

Postscript/Bug 2:

This isn’t super important or high priority, but I thought I’d mention it here as well. When the app is first run, the tabs show up during the live test (as I would expect.) However, “TabBarVisible” switch on the screen properties is ‘false’ by default. I had to switch it to ‘true’ then ‘false’ again to get the tab bar to disappear.

Hi there -

This is definitely a bug on our end. We are in the process of fixing it! Thanks for pointing this out.

Amrita

@ginny

We pushed out a fix for the problem you were having with blocks for invisible components yesterday!

I hope this works for you. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Thanks,
Arun

Thank you so much! I tested it pretty thoroughly and it works fine now (for new apps).

A few things to mention:

1. Everything worked fine when I created a new TabBar app. Clicking on Screen1 only showed Screen1 code etc. However, on my old app (the one above) clicking on Screen1 still shows “when Button2 clicked” code block. I don’t think this is a big deal because iOS thunkable has such a small user base, but it’s worth a mention in case anyone notices this happening on any of their apps created before this bug fix.

2. The problem I mentioned in “Postscript/Bug 2” is still there. While this isn’t high priority it would probably be worth fixing eventually.

3. Can you please take a look at my other bug report here? This is still happening, and imo this is a really important bug to fix!
    Image with 'fit contents' does not show up on live test