Phone error - taking a pic with the camera doesn't work

I have an app that takes a pic. https://x.thunkable.com/copy/f14ef55db7ee8ae799491df2c52ef614

Super simple app - crashes on my phone. It displays the beaver, flashes the list, then reloads the app.

What up?

What operating system does it not work on?

Android 8.1.0

Clearly, I have such a problem on iOS 10.3. After photographing the app freezes.

That stinks. I have a Android 7.1 Nougat phone that works fine. I use them for my class.

Linda, sorry for your trouble.

I’ve tested your project on a Nexus 5X running Android 8.1.0 and it seems to work fine. What phone model are you using?

Can you try switching to a different project, Live Test that, switching back to the original project and then Live Testing that again?

If that doesn’t work, can you try uninstalling and re-installing your Thunkable Live app?

-Mark

Hot dang, unistalling and reinstalling it worked. Thanks!

Same problem with my phone: one month ago my camera worked fine, now Thunkable Live for Android crashes after taking a picture.

I have Android 8.1.0 on a BlackBerry, but as I said, some weeks ago all went fine. I use the most simple code:

• 1st block: when button.click: do call Camera1.TakePicture
  • 2nd block: when Camera1.AfterPicture: do set Image1.Picture to get.image

I re-installed Thunkable live Android, still not working.

Having the same problem phone loads app, fine leads to take image then error occurs

You’re right, I did not noticed it is marked as solved.
My mistake and I apologie for this.
I’ll open a new topic.

1 Like