Painting the DVL with Layouts (beta)

Anyone have any tips for “painting the DVL” in DnD using Layouts? For reference, see this: Conditional Formatting of a Data Viewer List (aka "Painting the DVL").

I created a Layout in a DnD project and saved the outer container as a custom data viewer layout. I then selected it in the same project as the DVL layout on a different screen.

I’m finding that any attempts I make to change the background color for a container using that method fail. As you can see in the screenshot below, I’ve tried setting the “User or Bot value” to a hex value because that column is mapped to the container’s background color for the DVL. And I’ve also tried changing the Background Color using blocks and the row id block. But nothing changes.

Pretty sure this is a bug! It doesn’t work with the DVL item click event and row id block either. Although I can change the background picture the same way:

Bug report here: Can't change DVL container's color using blocks · Issue #1208 · thunkable/thunkable-issues · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.