OpticalMath - Solve your Math problems easily!

Great wotk,simply but grreat idea.

1 Like

Version 1.2 released! Update is being uploaded to Google Play Store.
New features:
• New shortcut, application closes on back press.
• Added landscape orientation mode.
• From now on, we show toast messages after getting the result.

2 Likes

VERSION V1.7 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thunkable.android.benas_molis.OpticalMath
NEW FEATURES:

• Added Error handling (Using Screen1.ErrorOccurred event)

• Added in-app purchase for Full version (Remove ads)

• Modified menu dropdown (Thanks to @Mika for PopUpMenu extension)

COMING FEATURES:

• New mathematical engine (More difficult problems solving)

• Faster image processing (User gets result faster)

• New user interface

INFORMATION ABOUT COMING FEATURES:

• For new mathematical engine, I will make a custom web server, programmed with Python.

• For faster image processing, I will make a custom extension.

• For new user interface, I will redesign all the app with Material Design.

Thank you!

You can donate here: https://www.paypal.me/moliata

1 Like

Hello everyone! I would love to get some feedback about this app, who can just give it here.

1 Like

Oh I like this idea! However just tried to do 999 - 666 x 2 and got an error:

@ILoveThunkable the FAB overlaps the ads. so the ads are prone to accidental clicks.

Leadbolt doesn’t have rules like AdMob, so nothing gonna happen :slight_smile:

You can use only 2 different numbers!
For e.g: 999 - 666 or 666 x 2

1 Like

@ILoveThunkable, here is a suggestion. Since the app is prone to incorrect input, you may want to add a custom error message. “Bad Arguments to…” doesn’t sound very helpful to the end user.

Cool concept though!
Helios

I will add that, but after integrating @barreeeiroo Mathematical Engine. His math engine, will allow to do more powerful math calculations! You will be able to use cos, tan, sin, calculations with more than 2 different numbers (200 - 100 + 3 / 0.35 x 6) and so on! Also, if someone can make an extension which converts image to Base64 string that would be amazing! If you can make it, that would be cool. As it will make this app to be fast as PhotoMath.

Ok, right now I am updating my app!
I will add a few things:

1. New Mathematical Engine (Thanks to @barreeeiroo)
  2. Faster Image Processing (Thanks to @Sivagiri_Visakan)
  3. Side Drawer Menu (Thanks to @Andres_Cotes)
  4. Custom Error Messages
  5. New User Interface
    Note: I will completely redesign a whole app with Material Design.
1 Like

can you send .aia file for this current version?

No, I don’t opensource this project. I won’t give a source code (project file), sorry.

ohkay, No issues! I just want to know how you used mathpix api in your project that’s why I was asking for .aia file.

Well, you cannot get MathPix api for free. You need to contact them, provide your information… It took me 2 weeks to actually get MathPix API.

I already have my mathpix key (which I got within 3 days of requesting :joy:). I just want to know the implementation part of API in your project.

Sorry, all my source secret :wink:. Also, your key must be activated.

My key is activated, I am able to solve equations by typing into textbox. I just want to know how to solve equations using image capturing in real time. But your code is secret, So no questions now…

Just a notice, that MathPix returns in LaTeX form, not string. So you cannot use directly @barreeeiroo script & MathPix.

1 Like