[not Solved] Editing Custom Data Viewer Layouts

Yes, only if you want to be able to edit it later or until Thunkable provides a fix.

1 Like

Ok perfect, Iā€™ll try as soon as possible.
But so official instructions have to be corrected because they say to save column as layout

2 Likes

I saved a screen instead of just the row with columns. The interface changes, now I see the screen when editing. But still all the proprties are non-editable.

1 Like

I donā€™t know but letā€™s ask @domhnallohanlon.

Is this feature (editing layouts) a PRO only feature?

He might shed light on this and we know what is causing it.

Unfortunatelly I can see the screen both if i use column or entire screen to save layout, but editing is still blocked :frowning:

Nope - it (should be) available to all users.

Iā€™ll take a look at this on my test account later today.

I donā€™t think it should make a difference, but is that screen youā€™re saving from a private project @artem.dzyuba & @Giuseppe_Geppo_Catta?

1 Like

I happen to be a PRO member and was able to edit the layouts, yesterday the PRO expired and had an idea in my mind to test the issue after being FREE account and now I see it read only and cannot edit.

3 Likes

Iā€™m on Free tarif now, so all the projects are Public

1 Like

Iā€™m a free member, and this wasnā€™t working since December.

1 Like

@codeswept @muneer @artem.dzyuba @Giuseppe_Geppo_Catta @skulamester @ozel1978 @goutham

A fix has been written for this and is pending release.

thanks for flagging this. When the update goes out Iā€™ll ping you all again so you can test and confirm that it is working.

6 Likes

Cool, thank you so much!

Any update @domhnallohanlon ?

Jane says:

I do still experience that behaviour, I am still unable to edit my Custom Layout.

How about you?
@codeswept @muneer @artem.dzyuba @Giuseppe_Geppo_Catta @ozel1978 @goutham

Same here. I canā€™t edit my DVLs. However, Iā€™m able to select different items (not able to make changes though), and I find this strange (URL?) icon beside each property name. Wonder what thatā€™s for.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know who changed thiis for [Solved]. I, as a topicstarter, confirm that the issue still persists and not solved.

I still canā€™t edit the DVL too, as @codeswept and @skulamester canā€™t

3 Likes

Hi guys,

Now, it is working for me!

Thanks for the fix.

1 Like

Still not working for me. Maybe I need to apply the fix in a straight way?

No, not working for me. This is what I get:

Unable to add components or edit existing componentsā€™ properties.

1 Like

My layouts shows blanc screen on loading. When I refresh the window, I see the error:
Cannot GET /modules/60c205447542a8003a0d2453/openProject/designer

@domhnallohanlon @matt_conroy

Hi, is the editing data viewer layouts now PRO only? I am on free account at the moment and am not seeing any Edit button -

Also Iā€™d like to make a small feature request for snap-to-place mode, It would be very helpful if we could see the names of our custom-made layouts in the ā€œList Item Layoutā€ selection for DVLs - currently we see only the designs which makes it difficult to know which oneā€™s which if one has multiple similar-looking layouts.

Kindly take this into consideration :slight_smile: Thanks!

Please consider adding a comment to my feature request from 6/14/21 related to this:

1 Like