New Android policy preventing approval [May/June 2022]

This is new, my Android app was not approved.

New policy as of April 2022, what should I do to fix?

What information/declarations do you currently have in your data safety section @exploriverse.com?

Is this an app where you’re using IAP by any chance?

I wonder if that’s the reason you’re seeing this new prompt?

Yes it has IAP. I followed your guide on filling out the app content section. I have green checks.

Is there a particular section you want me to dive into based on this google response?

@domhnallohanlon This email is now being sent every time when i post a new build even internal build.

What is in the app privacy policy here? Seems like they are saying theres a component in your app that collects data that you haven’t declared?

1 Like

Under privacy policy its the link to the privacy policy

I think the problem is in this section

Do you have in the thunkable guide how to set this?

If you collect user data, you need to declare that. email/password/name/age/etc

that could be what they’re dinging you for?

I was able to fix this. I stumbled upon some ui that guided me through changing the data declaring options. As admob has to collect approximate location and user id, I declared these two.

1 Like

Phew :sweat_smile: One signal collect so much data it’s crazy. It’s a really nice feature to have push messages or dope but they collect a lot of data. Here’s the complete list I believe. I’ll add this to our docs!

• IP address, which may be used to estimate the general location of a device.
  • Non-user related crash logs, which may be used to diagnose problems and improve the SDK. Diagnostic information may also be used for advertising and analytics purposes.
  • User-associated performance data such as app launch time, hang rate, or energy usage, which may be used to evaluate user behavior, understand the effectiveness of existing product features, and plan new features. Performance data may also be used for displaying ads, including sharing with other entities that display ads.
  • A Device ID such as the device’s advertising identifier or other app-bounded device identifiers, which may be used for the purpose of third-party advertising and analytics.
  • Advertising data, such as advertisements the user has seen, may be used to power analytics and advertising features.
  • Other user product interactions like app launch taps, and interaction information, like video views, may be used to improve advertising performance.
1 Like