Google play store

I give up. I have tried to post two different aab to Google play store and both were rejected because the SDK is collecting some sort of information I am unaware of. After fiddling with it for months, I give up.

the error they give is: * SPLIT_BUNDLE 4: Policy Declaration - Data Safety Section: Device Or Other IDs Data Type - Device Or Other IDs (some common examples may include Advertising ID, Android ID, IMEI, BSSID, MAC address)

my data safety section web site says:
Data is not encrypted

Data may not be deleted by user.

• IP address, which may be used to estimate the general location of a device.
  • Non-user related crash logs, which may be used to diagnose problems and improve the SDK. Diagnostic information may also be used for advertising and analytics purposes.
  • User-associated performance data such as app launch time, hang rate, or energy usage, which may be used to evaluate user behavior, understand the effectiveness of existing product features, and plan new features. Performance data may also be used for displaying ads, including sharing with other entities that display ads.
  • A Device ID such as the device’s advertising identifier or other app-bounded device identifiers, which may be used for the purpose of third-party advertising and analytics.
  • Advertising data, such as advertisements the user has seen, may be used to power analytics and advertising features.
  • Other user product interactions like app launch taps, and interaction information, like video views, may be used to improve advertising performance.

Hope this helps someone, because I throw in the towel.

It appears to be ‘Device ID’ at the bottom of the ‘Data Safety’ section. Just had to solve it on 3 of my apps, one of which stores all data on the device but still seems to require this.

DeviceID

Thanks. That seemed to work.

1 Like