Missing Advanced Properties

When I am in design mode I do not see Simple and Advanced properties on the right side of my screen. When I copy a sample project these features do appear. Can I get them to appear on my design screen without starting with a sample project?

1 Like

Can you explain in a more clear way.

I guess you are talking about two different things.

If I am not mistaken, you are talking about sample projects created by Legacy UI and you are staring your new projects with Drag and Drop UI. If this is the case. Just start with the Legacy UI and you should find what you are looking for.

When starting a new project, do not click this button so you can start your project in the Legacy UI and you will see the Simple and Advanced properties of components.

Thank you so much. Since I’m new to Thunkable, I must have selected the “Try it Out” option and was not familiar with the Legacy UI. I was working with Text Input on the Drag and Drop UI and could not get it to word wrap but I can with the Legacy UI. It seems the Legacy UI also allows drag and drop. I’ll experiment with both and see if the new UI is really an improvement.

1 Like

The name “drag and drop” is a little confusing.

You can create a “legacy” project by not check the “Try it out” box. That interface has components that you can drag and drop onto a screen. But you cannot drag the components around on the screen to reposition them.

You can create a “drag and drop” project by checking the “Try it out” box. That interface has components that you can drag and drop onto a screen (yep, same). And you can drag the components around on the screen to reposition them.

There are some components that don’t work completely in the new interface.

2 Likes