Making Line Graphs and Notifications based on sound

Hi. I’m currently trying to make line graphs and send notifications based on the intensity of the noise the user inputs. For example, the user turns on their microphone, and I want to graph the inputted noise on a line graph. I also want to send a notification to the user if the inputted noise is very loud. However, I don’t know where to start because I don’t know how to make line graphs and can’t find any tutorials to help me. Any help is appreciated!

There are topics here about graphing in Thunkable. But I think your first step is to figure out how to get values for the noise level. How are you going to do that?

1 Like

I’m thinking of using the Sound component. I think setting the source to the audiofile and then the level of the sound would be the block “Sound1’s Volume”.

But that’s how loud the sound is playing from a sound file on your app… not how loud their surroundings are. I don’t think there’s any way to capture decibel level in Thunkable.

1 Like

Oh. So are you saying that I can’t make a line graph or send notifications based on the sound level?

Yes, I’m saying that I don’t know of a way to detect the sound level from a user’s device.

1 Like

Oh. Ok thanks for letting me know