Making better chat apps with the "Any Component" blocks

@domhnallohanlon You are right!
I have successfully made my first drag and drop Chat app
Click me to get it

Hey guys I’m looking for a solution to my big problem with chat. I wanna get to my app a chat funcion and in there I want in the first screen the user to be able to create or join in some room chat. I don’t have idea how to do it. The tutorials or apps dont show that. Please someone help me.

Create a text input on your login screen.
When you use a reatime db you can give the key as the room name
And your app is done!!!

Can I do it in a specific screen that I created? Because I just have 2 screens chat and the first is to basically it. Thank you for helping

1 Like

Sure You can customise it however you want

I may did something very wrong

Yes you did it wrong Do you want the link I can share it??

Yes please, could you gimme your WhatsApp, Instagram or whatever to I can show you better what I want?

Sorry @suportecontraocancer I can;t give you my whatsapp or instagram but I can share you the link

Thunkable IS the link you can customise it

Hi , I am having issues, how do u chat with a particular number

@omotayoolupelumi6ify In this chat app I have added a room name you can share the room name with a specific person and then no one other than the people knowing the room name can chat Click me to get it

2 Likes

Please explain more on how to make the private chat stuff, thanks in advance

I’m not sure @codeemaker is still active on the forums as it’s been six months since the last reply here. What are you wanting to know other than what @codeemaker already mentioned about choosing a unique room name and then only sharing that with people you want to chat with?

I will work around that tho, I’ve made the reply before reading further.
Thanks

Is there no way to integrate the xaano backend with thunkable

The first I heard of Xano was here so I’m not the best person to ask:

1 Like

Thanks to you, appreciated

But sir,do you think I can actually achieve making a posting app with airtable in thunkable, even if the app later grow to have larger number of users

The cloud variable is actually link to which backend service,that made it accessible for various devices?
Is in saved in Google firebase or where?

1 Like

The cloud variable are internally connected to Firebase Database. If you supply the keys of your own Firebase database in the project settings then your project will use your Firebase database otherwise you will be using Thunkable cloud storage which will be automatically cleared when you exit.

1 Like

Can you tell me how to make chat app on DnD Thunkable? because I am confused using the cloud and how to connect to Realtime DB, btw, your link can’t open on my browser. If you are able to send the link again, I can learn with your code.

Can you please explain more about providing my firebase keys