Login with Google - Thunkable/AppInventor

Thank you :blush:@barreeeiroo

I’ve made it just to separate my personal website with my files from my public AppInventor storage

This method won’t work from 20th April

Google is blocking the use if In-App webviewers for making requests to the Google Login system.
In my server, scripts.thunkable.ga, it’s still working, but from that day it’s not going to work
New projects are automatically denied if you are on a WenViewer, getting the error disallowed useragent

I will try to find how to solve, but I think that this method will be unnmantained :cry:

Old Server

Notification for developers: Requests for WebViwer will be bloques from 20th April

New Server

that’s correct, see also

Taifun

But how to solve so? I don’t know any other method to login with google in AppInventor or Thunkable…

to get information about the user, you can use the account manager extension, to pick a Google account you can use the Google Account extension, which is also available there

btw. all my examples, which use Google OAuth also will not work anymore, including the Google Drive interface. Someone will have to write a Google Drive extension using the service account method…

Taifun

3 Likes

its continuous working?

Nope

You have to use this instead:

1 Like

Hi,
I have the same problem.
Have you a method to insert an event into Google Calendar?

First I used a webview to authorize the use of the calendar and insert an event from my app, now Google no longer allows me to use the webview and my app reports: Error 403. That’s an error. Error: disallowed_useragent.

Unfortunately there is still no one who has found a solution.
I hope there is soon a solution. Thank you

Just with an extension :wink:

Please, where can I find the extension - I need this urgently so I can work with the Drive API again. If no extension any workaround available???

There isn’t any extension out there yet + Nope, no workaround. Restricted.

Ouch!!! well, I am taking the bold step to move to Android Studio. This will set my project back by weeks but I think it is high time I stepped up my game. Thanks for swift reply.

1 Like

You can make an extension :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hmmm that’s so true I will think about it. Thanks again

1 Like

Are you able to make it?

No, sorry :sweat:
I’m not good at making extensions :sweat_smile:

Maube you could ask other person for it

1 Like

Do you know if I can use the activity starter for the google login scope?

I dont think so, imma look for some OAuth intents if there are.

so I tried this by pasting the URL for the web viewer in the chrome browser using activity starter and I got my Auth code which works but I don’t want to copy the Auth code manually every time. Any ideas on how we can get the chrome or browser to pass the page title back into the app inventor app automatically.