Let user create new screen

Hi guys.

I am looking for a way to let the user duplicate the current screen and remove the data (values) from it, or simply just add a new screen…

The app I am building is a note-taking app of when and why the user was away from office. It’s finished but I just noticed that it would be great to have the ability to start a new year by start a new screen/sheet. Instead of having to delete all the rows by hand as I need to today, this way I could also provide a backlog for the user in my app.

Is this possible, or is a reset-button the only way to go here?

Thanks!

1 Like

You don’t need to create a new screen. If you are using variables or a data source to display the notes and other information on the screen, then just switch to a different variable/data source row when needed to display a different year’s info.

1 Like

Ah yeas of curse! Thanks, great idea :+1:

But…what if I want the user to create that data source…? I do not have any source for 2022 at the moment for example. Do I need to prepare a bunch of sources which I can use later? That doesn’t seem to professional :woozy_face:

1 Like

You can easily create additional data rows for future years ahead of time. But I wouldn’t do that. I would just use Firebase and create the data as needed using time stamps. That’s what I’m doing for a photo journal I’m making. Every node of the Firebase database has a name like 2021-05-18_15:54:28 which is a combination of the date and time the entry was made.

But even if you use something like Google Sheets or Airtable, it’s easy to just add a column for a date/time stamp like that. Then when you want to show 2022 data, you just sort or filter the rows by that column.

1 Like

Thanks, yes that sounds much more professional :slight_smile:

Do you know if there is any good tutorials about this somewhere I can have a look at? Do you got any?

I will check this out more in depth later maybe tonight. Thanks! :pray:

1 Like

No, I don’t know of any tutorials, sorry. There may be some… I’ve just been figuring this out on my own (with help from people here, of course!).

2 Likes