🎉 Latest Thunkable ✕ Release; NEW COMPONENTS Data Viewer List and Data Viewer Grid! 2020-05-05

This is the exact feature i needed! Congratulations on getting this rolled out!

4 Likes

I was experimenting with it to connect it to an Airtable base. Seamless connection to airtable bases and tables. I was able to bind the columns too.

When Live testing I am not able to see the images in the row . In Airtable I have the field type for the column from where I am getting the images set to “Attachments”. Do you think this has to be something else?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can we search and filter the Data Viewer List?

Hi @ashwani.mathur3difzz,

We have a tutorial for how to retrieve an image from an Airtable DB.
Check it out here!

3 Likes

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Data Viewer and Google Sheets

Yes!

check out my post on this here!

2 Likes

Very excited for this update! Good work Thunkable team.

As I do, I created a project / tutorial to test out the Data List Viewer. You can check that out here:

My initial feedback from the project:

1. Deleting from a Data Source is currently not support. Would love it to be :wink:
  2. I would love a block to refresh the Data List Viewer from the Data Source. The current workaround is going to another screen and coming back (see tutorial). And you can also swipe down to update, but that is not super intuitive for all users.
  3. I couldn’t figure out how to make the Data Viewer List span the full width of the WebViewer. Currently, it only Fits Contents.

Those would be my votes for the next updates. But again very satisfied and I’m excited to play around with the data grid and the other List Item Layouts.

9 Likes

After all the work I’ve done to create a list of items with cloning blocks, you create a component that does the same.

Great. I almost wanna cry.

9 Likes

Tears of joy, right @maxb

:joy:

We’re always trying to make app creation as simple as possible so hopefully this will save you (and lots of others) huge amounts of time in the future!

5 Likes

I can understand your pain. @maxb (:face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

2 Likes

This will still be valuable if you want more than a few pieces of information nicely displayed. Dont give it up. save it for more complex tasks. The programatically created components can be reallly cool and complex! But this premade out of the box solution is great!

I plan to put out a sample use case soon as a data viz tool!

4 Likes

Sure, that’s why I wrote “almost” :wink:

My solution looks good and is versatile and surely has been a lot of experience.

4 Likes

Hi @maxb, same here! But as you probably experienced, cloning buttons and stuff is very time-demanding, this was one of the major drawbacks of my app. I was expecting this solution to solve my problems hehehehe.

Thanks, Thunkable Team, I am very grateful. Let us try this.

2 Likes

Thanks @dns.prado.s3vy - it’s available for you to try now!

There are two samples in the first post and another open-source example that you can use here:
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5eac6d095fb9efbcef77b94d

Are there any plans to allow for the data binding to occur via app variables? I was playing with a news delivery api and want to use the beautiful list viewer cards. I’m working on integrating Integromat to complete the task.

I can download and prose the api data. I can even send it to airtable to bring the data back to the app in a human friendly version.

The issue I am running into eith this setup is not being able to overwrite old rows and deleting extra easily or timely fashion. So I can only ever add more rows or it takes way to long to do all operations.

Ideally I could plug the variables in as the data source. Any thoughts here

This is how I accomplish deleting old data and replacing it automatically (once daily) to be able to use this neat api.

Maybe if I can learn to write a script for it? :fist::mechanical_arm:

3 Likes

I might have missed any topic/post regarding to this, please help -

Can I display data from blocks right now? Like I call a column from Airtable, and display it?

Thanks!

You can if you are crafty I’ll post an example later today I think of how I’m accomplishing this

2 Likes

@saramdl.gaunde021 go to https://x.thunkable.com/projects Click on the “My Data Sources” tab, then click the “Sync with Source” icon for your data source. Let me know if the block gets updated with the columns.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Clicking on “My Data” tab causes white screen

best component so far! I’ve been love it so much! Thank you Thunkable Team for making this great component comes to life. (nice words). Hoping more components to come like purchase a product or payments in stripe. #Keepsafe

6 Likes