User adds new item to data viewer grid. with using text input

Hello thunkers ,
i want to get text input from user , and when user wrote something , i want the text to add on grid list .
Any ideas , or any design ideas? thanks

1 Like

What do you mean by a grid list

Thunable has:

• List Viewer
  • Data Viewer List
  • Data Viewer Grid

Which one are you referring to?

data viewer grid sir @muneer

1 Like

This is connected to a Data Source, so whatever you add to this Data Source will be automatically reflected in the Data Viewer Grid.

1 Like

obviouslyyy, my bad . so i ll use google sheet , and get the data from here

1 Like

As long as the sheet is bound to the Data Viewer Grid, whenever you add anything in the Google sheet using the app, it will be reflected in the grid. If data is added by an external source then you need to refresh the grid periodically.

data will entered bu user , first i ll get the data via text input , then i send it to google sheet , then i ll get the data .
PS. to make that progress faster , what would you propose , maybe airtable or , firedb ?

1 Like

Airtable is easy to build and link into the app and also bound to the Data Viewer Grid. In the other hand, Firebase is much faster but cannot connect to Data Viewer Grid. To show Firebase contents into a Data Viewer Grid means reading the data from Firebase and writing it to a local table which is bound to the grid.

If the Grid is an essential component in your design then you need to choose between Airtable and Google sheet.

If however, you want the speed and settled for Firebase you either have to have a local table to copy the contents in it and view it in the grid or use your own design to mimic a grid.

Thanks for the very detailed answer ,

1 Like

Hello @muneer
i came with different account .

so with these blocks i m trying to get input from user and trying to write it to data viewer grid .
it doesnt work . how can i fix

1 Like

See this
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6192c254d9f1c80011d2862c

after the blocks you used to create a row in your data source via the submit action (and you are sure that the data in your data source is updating), you will want to include the Refresh Data block to update your viewer such that it includes all current data from the data source.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 3.29.58 PM

1 Like

This should not be necessary anymore but can be used as an extra step to confirm that the Data Viewer updates its list although it should do it automatically.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: me and my unnecessary blocks.

Thank you for pointing that out! no need to be redundant unless you’re experiencing issues i suppose.

2 Likes

i dont have a data source compenent called user name value (it adds Title) to data viever

1 Like

I didn’t understand what you are trying to say.

I just made an example and in my table I had a column with the name user name. I’m sure your table (data source) will have different things but the code will run the same way, you just have to use the column names you have in your project instead of what I used.

oh okay sorry , but my app still doesnt work , it gives title output

and this is my excel

2 Likes

Can you show your bindings in the editor screen?

1 Like

you mean like this ? @jared

1 Like

Make sure you update the one in the red circle with the correct column name

1 Like