User adds new item to data viewer grid. with using text input

i m so stupid

We have all been in the same situation. This is why you get such a good support in the community. We learn from our mistakes.

3 Likes

you re the best but i would like to ask another question ,

this is my screen 2 and as u know people can add items via text input

but i want to give them option , if they go to screen8 they can choose some items on that list ,and if they click some item in data viewer list at screen8 , i want to send the selected item to my first excel .
but i dont want to overwrite it , i want to add to the bottom or top of the list.

screen 8

1 Like

I will do a demo tomorrow to show this if I understand it correctly.

Whatever you select from the Data Viewer List in Screen 8 will show in the Data Viewer List in Screen 1.

True but i got 4 more screens like screen 8
for example first i choose from the list then i write something with text input , i would like the be those selections at order (i want user to select whenever and whatever user wants .
FOr example
i write textbook at screen2
then i go and select 2 items from screen 8
then i write tired at screen2 again
and lastly i choose 1 item at screen 9

at excel
textbook
item item
tired
item

1 Like

So, whatever you type in the screens it will be recorded in the Google sheet. Is this correct?

True

1 Like

then i read those at screen 2

1 Like

If you can remix the demo project again and see if this is what you are trying to do.

https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6192c254d9f1c80011d2862c

yes this is what i wanted but your my screen8,9,10,11 (your screen3) connected to data viewer list)

so at the blocks , you used list viewer and you obviously used item for that . how can i adjust that item block to my blocks . Thanks

1 Like

hey, see here.

At the moment there is a bug in the Data Viewer List in DnD UI. This is why I used a List Viewer.

See my post
https://community.thunkable.com/t/unable-to-access-data-viewer-list-sub-items/1619383/3

Oh okay , can u update me when its fixed or , is there any place to check updates
And ps : maybe we can get the dat from data source instead of data viewer layout ?

1 Like

I just added another table in the project and changed the list in screen 3 to read from this new table.

Remix the same project link again to see the updates.

[Edit]

I deleted the project by mistake. I created a new one. You can remix using this link
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/61951edb1d739800123c9b92

1 Like

sir i can not find this component ,

NOTE1: I can not revise on your project because i already have 12 screens

1 Like

See my previous comments

I have changed the demo project to show how to use the List Viewer to show contents of the table. Remix to see.

I’m showing you the idea so you can implement it in your project and with all screens that requires such idea. This is not to replace your app.

[quote=“muneer, post:36, topic:1616163”]
I’m showing you the idea so you can implement it in your project and with all screens that requires such idea. This is not to replace your app.
[/quote

okay got it , so i have to wait for the fix i guess

1 Like

I changes in the project and now it has two screen3. One using the Data Viewer and one using the List Viewer.

Just remix the project to get the latest.

okay, it worked sorry for the mess. I connected like screen 3B and it works thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.