JS reference for HTML script

is something like this possibel to do in thunkable X if also add the JS files to the invisible components of the project. I think i’d need tto use the web viewer?

currently i create charts using quickchart.io. I am trying something new here.

this is how I make charts currently

I’d say that should be possible @jared

Have you seen our tutorial on doing something like this with dimplejs and with Google Charts:

Hey @domhnallohanlon, thanks for reaching out ! You know I’m after quality data visualization!! :smiley_cat::smiley_cat:
I have tried to remix this app in the past (and today) via its link in youtube but on my iPhone 11 with iOS 13, it fails to produce anything except for the bar graphs on screen1

1 Like

hmmmm… :thinking:

Can you take a look at dimplejs and Google charts Jared?

If either of those are interesting to you I can take a look at that app again and see if I can get one of those libraries working for you.

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon Dude, google charts is my jam. THis works on the live preview, The google charts example anyway.The issue lies with the webviewer on iOS.It won’t display these data URLs “data:text/html,”

That said, I would love either. I am already most familiar with google sheets. but dimplejs looks great too.
if you can make it work that would be so cool! I would only continue to support this platform, help others learn, and try to get more to join!

again, the issue lies with the webviewer component i believe. @actech has posted about this before and since I joined thunkable, i have failed to be able to get a dataURL to work. it’s a bummer :frowning:
I may scurry over to the github today and post this as a fix request

Here is the reason i am even asking about this

this is what i’ve come up with

to replace a this handdrawn paper graph i usually use.

currently, there is only 1 other app out there called AimStarLite that produces these types of visualizations. When looking at human behavior though, this is the best graph to use IMO. It displays the max and minimum number of times someone could be reasonably expected to ever be able to behave. Either 1 time per minute per day which would be something like .001/min (or none) to 1000 times per minute per day 1000/min (pretty dang unreasonable, but because you can definitely do some

these graphs also demonstrate the proportional changes in the speeds of behavior. if you are counting in a linear fashion an equal interval line graph is great and makes sense, but I want to know how fast you do those things, not just how many you do. This lets me know how good you are at doing that thing. This is most relevant to job skills or language/academic skills. For example, if worker/student A completes task 1 in 1-minute perfectly and that’s as fast as he could go. AND worker/student B also completes the same task perfectly in 10 minutes and that was as fast as they could go. Who is the better student/worker at that task?

now, think about the differennce between
1 and 2. It’s a difference of 1 but a 100% increase.
2 and 3. its a difference of 1 but a 50% increase
3 and 4. its a difference of 1 but only a 33.33% increase

10 to 20. a difference of 10 but a 100% increase

so, to be able to show these proportionate changes in behavior, i use a semilogarithmic chart. this way i can more accurately analyze changes in behavior patterns over time.

here is an example for anyone wanting to check it out.

Standard Celeration Chart- SAFMEDS.xlsx.zip (45.7 KB)

1 Like