Issues with the “then do” section of sound blocks. [Aug 2022]

The Live Test or apk app is automatic play sound (if you have sound in app) when it start running app after this issue fixed. Anyone happen the same as me?

1 Like

Hey @ccm-systems

Moving this out for more visibility.

Can you tell me a bit more about this and provide a minimal example by chance?

If you have sound in uour app and play when error or click the button, it should play when it click or when your command it. But since yesterday when Live Test start it start play all sound in your app automatic without click button.

can you share a minimal app that demonstrates this behavior?

minimal example

1 Like

Hello Jared.
This is a simple app and you will see error.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/27ab155adde5ded8d37afa9fe59392a2

Error 1. The sound is start automatically when “Live Test” or starts the app without pressing any button. It plays all the sounds in the app you added.
Error 2. See attached , the “Then do” is not working if you put it inside. You have to put outside “Then do”

Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you for this info. I have followed up with the team and filed a bug report.

1 Like

When I start Live Test the app is play sound first, but the sound is not mean to play without press button or error response. If I have 4 difference sounds, it play all sound at once when app start. Issue the same with .apk and Live Test.

Anyone happen like me?

Can you share a screenshot of the blocks you are using @ccm-systems?

Sounds like they’re in the screen opens block?

2 Likes

Very simple button when click it play sound first then go next page. But Live test start play sound before app run.
See attached screenshot.

1 Like

Hey :wave: @ccm-systems

Any chance you can share a minimal reproducible example? That would help us pinpoint the issue faster.

Simple app like this (see attached) the app play sound when start Live Test before I click button. If you have multiple sound it will play all first time.

Here is the link of simple app.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/2a47153e86d21d31f66eb76dba58b167

Hi :wave:

Thanks for the sample app. The issue that you’re running into is not a bug it’s an issue of a synchronicity. If you want to navigate after the sound is played you need to put the blocks you want to run in the van do section of the sound block. Not underneath the block.

1 Like

If I put in there, it will not go to screen 2. It was in there before but not work lately in pass few days.
And the sound play without I press any button too. I had been using Thunkable over 2 years and know most of the functions. This issue just happen after Thunkable update a few days ago. Please, check and let me know. Thanks.

Hello all,

I have combined these 2 posts and filed respective bug reports. It seems the sound block is having issues and as such these are related issues for now.

I will keep you all posted as I learn more.

1 Like

I removed all sound from my app, since no one solved it. Can not wait for support team. It is simple to find out this issue. Hope support team will fix it soon.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I make a very basic app for you and summary below.

1. App not made by new drag&drop creator, It was old style creator.
  2. My app had 2 sounds and play when click buttons on screen 2
  3. Each button on screen 2 different sound and both button send back to screen 1

Here is the error

1. When live test start, all the sound I had start play first without touch any button.
  2. In screen 2 both button should go back to screen 1, but one is not working. The builder had error on this function after sound played.

Here is the app.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/9d9c6cb44d09b85535e23cf281380015

The sound still play by itself first when you start app : Live Test or .apk

This issue still not solved! So annoying every time the app start is play all sound in the app first.